Disc Harrow Cooking (discada) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indeed. The rust on the scallop one was a total pita, but I prevailed. I haven't used that one yet but the other is very nice, non stick already. I did some over medium eggs in it the first day.
After all the work was done, I cleaned it with vegetable oil, left it in the sun, cleaned again then seasoned with bacon grease.

Whatever this was looked delicious.:beer:
IMG953878.jpg

vegetable and rice stir fry with turkey sausage. It was delicious!

I have been told, to clean the discada/disco, that after using it and scraping out any leftovers stuff - pour in a fair amount of regular salt and using what ever left over moisture/oil/etc. use a handful of paper towels, scrub the cooking surface. Wipe it out with more paper towels, and store in large brown paper grocery bags. Any truth?

sounds reasonable

I've used them both now and so far, I like the plain one better than the scallop one. The scallop looks cool but weighs a lot more and doesn't seem to take the seasoning as quickly as the plain one. Time will tell. Making chorizo con papas con huevos in the plain one today.

I've been using my new discada now for a couple of weeks and love it.

For cleaning, I use one of these SS chain mail things recommended in another thread on cast iron cookware. It's the easiest thing I've found and fast. Just scrub with a little water, while still warm, dump, oil, and you're done. Available on Amazon, ebay, etc....

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 1339095

Open favorite beer then begin by browning the meat really well, add water bring to simmer. I use round steak. Then season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, comino, cilantro, onion and hot rotel sauce. Continue to simmer; as the water evaporates add more water and seasoning. After three sequences of adding water and seasonings, the meat becomes really tender and soft. Serve with fresh flour tortillas and enjoy.

Okay, I just got one of these pans to use with my turkey fryer burner. This thing is huge, lie picture a 32 gallon garbage can lid huge.

Yeah, they're big, but you'll need the edge space for pushing stuff up to keep warm while you're cooking something else. I've been learning as I go, on how to vary the heat, how much oil, etc ... Small learning curve, but it's my favorite outdoor cooker, now.

Boy, I think I'm going to have fun with this. Made the fajitas last night and can really see some possibilities. Like breakfast in bed for 10,000.

Comal 2.jpg

Comal 3.jpg

Wow... I'm hungry now!

Did it again.....
comal fajitas.jpg

That looks fantastic! Paella?

Oh, Sh!T - you guys are killing me! All I got was yesterday's fish sandwich for lunch!

d4e1HCGHWrOQRhPjzaNTdWtI2h6Sap7BrRaExX20p1zNZ9qXtErV6JS_RJK4FIpg81TxrJ9jkds_e2ZmUijtZJlpqlSOugj0Jj3-0epFBKSGUxat6IySOMH6nDtuzO7eoyr0pu73MLf0uh99mM9CePhZnP25KnrU-nMleEEeEjfD6ukUOqKpesWZvChu4Fi2D2-5Nriej2Oe_lMaxwDSmj2MegrUZrxXu7UoPPpHgHzYQCixBlYMeI7_48ROpteGgUSQ9tDV3PXB1_FJagBKqB4N7ARYcr3E-qqmEvhz720c3Pu6HbkuykAfWYENrdet9i8mKU7N8XXinaulZ0yQSu-wQVhhn2t4jOSs8SAPtVo7yVSuSDfF6OGt3QDtbqMoZMulGyMo3OSj6IAvsWMuyB7UlzlbZgbq3E6S6hUmOfXRvGEqL1n7M54VFj0y8_5oakuxFVSUOTQn3UeO33psrVpRzu-BTSBLwsKY2ecaIH_ECpzVmiLGb_95OVBWCnmDXe5ejzNBOx4j-rqjrTuIpOdGg_HzSwSFfjW6nGKy4sVaApqP87XxHXiKzA39FgXLAFaID4u8qXY5UYm8KhPDVN3PtTW9m_2MqLB5ggGeRe55e_sO1VWC4g=w1299-h974-no

Here is one that my buddy welded up for me. I think it is 22", works perfect for camp cookin'. My dad picked it up at a yard sale for cheap. We use coconut oil to season it and cook with a 10" banjo burner mounted to a steel rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom