Disc Harrow Cooking (discada) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If any of you will be at Cruise Moab on sat morning I'll be hitting up the Chorizo breakfast burritos with the discada at Slickrock.

that was an awesome display. do you have access to anymore discs that i could make one?

I'll try to track some more down. But I doubt it. Glad you liked it!

that was an awesome display. do you have access to anymore discs that i could make one?

I have been looking for some time, all it takes is asking your neighbor.:cool:..

101_0658.jpg
101_0658.jpg

Hmm, would like to get some history on the steel that went into this one.
101_0673.jpg

I have two disc harrows out back. One is use the other is just rusting away. I'll measure the discs and see if anyone wants one.

Just measured them. They are only 15" and I have two harrows.

Last edited:
Split, I've seen those PAW discs before but, they've been the smaller diameter ones, 12" to 18". I once tried to look them up online. I couldn't find any info on them. History would be interesting for sure.

J

I found them;PAW | Search

Just wonder how much recycled WW2 steel is still out there. I would immagine France as one of the larger holders.:meh:

Ive got two discadas that I cook on, one a friend made for me and the other I made. I have a number of raw blades a in the garage, I grind em out and weld on a 1/2" lip then weld on some handles. Breakfast tacos to Fajitas, nothing cooks like a disc! I even found a few small 8" blades that I turned into small pans that work on camp stoves. All my blades have said USA on em!

Here is a pic of one I use on my stove:
a6faeb2b.jpg

One that I did for a friend, those are some killer handles!:
IMG_0268.jpg

And:
9a3d7f08.jpg

aca6fce6.jpg

Last edited:
For me, this is a great option to mod the inexpesive BPS burner.

Gave it some adjustable legs:

101_0690.jpg
101_0690.jpg

^^^ Nice job splitshot; I especially like the adjustable legs! Ditto on your nice blacksmith work Gottagetone!

^^^ Nice job splitshot; I especially like the adjustable legs! Ditto on your nice blacksmith work Gottagetone!

Thanks.

Just finished the last tweek. Because of the concave form of the disc, the tabs were needed for stability (and the added plus of having a window to view the flame). I can still use the fry pot that came with it, or park the jumbo cast iron skillet on top.:):cool:
101_0691.jpg
101_0692.jpg

^Nice mod, might have to borrow the adjustable leg idea. Thanks Dan!

I made one a few years back took it with me on kokopelli trip with trailteam great for a group of people.
ForumRunner_20120616_072131.jpg

I think I have a disc or two that were broken off. I need to grind all the paint off though. Hope I didn't throw it out.

Burn it off....

All I can say so far, is bacon grease and spuds O'brian are the ****. Then pour in a dozen eggs whipped with longhorn cheese. Once that is done and unloaded, you have the perfect tortilla warmer.
Love the no-stick.:clap:
101_0734.jpg

Day 2 with ham.
101_0736.jpg
101_0734.jpg
101_0736.jpg

The Zodi shower comes with a burner that works great with discs.

Just purchased three BPS burners for this years Christmas gifts. Wish I would have done this sooner, the price went up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom