Disc Brake Backing Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I blew a hub a few weeks ago and lost half of a dowel pin and stripped a hub. I found a used one and have decided to do new wheel bearings and rotors. While I have everything apart I would like to take the Backing plates of of the knuckles, only problem is that the brake line attaches to them.

Has anyone removed these and found a safe, functional and inexpensive way of re-routing the cables?

Any Help as usual is greatly appreciated.

Dan Tubbs

Anyone?

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller?????

I would cut off everything but the ring, and the piece that you keep the tube/hose mounted too, OR, someplace, All-Pro, or others, sell real long stainless brake hoses that you could plumb in, and toss everything..

Good luck!

-Steve

Northwest off road I think sells some sort of replacement, longer front brake lines. A customer had a set that I thought he said was purchased from them, for just this. I think that if you called one of these places, and explain to them what you are looking to do, they could get you going in the right direction.

Or, again, if you are not looking to spend a bunch of monies, cut off what you do not need, and RUN IT!

-Steve

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=8669;start=msg74360#msg74360 date=1071121119]
Northwest off road I think sells some sort of replacement, longer front brake lines. A customer had a set that I thought he said was purchased from them, for just this. I think that if you called one of these places, and explain to them what you are looking to do, they could get you going in the right direction.

Or, again, if you are not looking to spend a bunch of monies, cut off what you do not need, and RUN IT!

-Steve
[/quote]

I thought about chopping it, I may still do that.

there are two part numbers in "cruiser facts" to eliminate the backing plate....I used the shorter one, works great.

EDIT: If you not gonna replace the spindle bolts with studs (AllPro's kit is what I did), or shorter bolts, you'll need to at least keep the metal ring to space things properly so the bolts don't bottom out....4 spot welds IIRC to grind off.

Woody, sorry to sound like a tard, but I could not find the part numbers anywere.

I am going to order the All pro stud kit.

Thanks, Dan

tard :flipoff2:

front axle outer hoses (skips backing plate) - NAPA 38881 (longer) or 38878 (shorter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom