Dirty Toy School So Cal Dec 5-7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fullnelson

IH8MUD Regular
SILVER Star
Threads
The Dirty Toy School is coming to Anza Borrego, CA December 5-7 for a weekend of fun and learning. We will be using a lot of the same terrain that the Toyota Trail Team trained on this year.

The weekend will include two days of instruction and guided driving opportunities, as well as a group dinner and door prizes. If you register by November 4 you will get an event-specific t shirt. Registration is limited to the first 40 vehicles.

Check our web site to see pictures of our past events and find out what people have to say about the experience. We look forward to seeing you in Southern California.

Happy trails,

Chris Nelson
Toyota Owner Learning Adventures by Dirty Toy School

Chris:

This will be my first (of many I hope) time at DirtyToy. For those of us with Roof Top Tents is there a spot to camp, or do I need to get reservations for whichever campgound is available.

:beer:

Mark

We are glad that you will be joining us.

You are welcome to camp if you would like. The Anza Borrego State Park has many campsites and surrounds the town of Borrego Springs.

Chris

Maybe some other folks who wish to camp-out can join up togather. I'll wait and see.

Mark

There are a few RV campgrounds near town too that allow tents as well.

Keep me posted.

Mark

There are a few RV campgrounds near town too that allow tents as well.

Keep me posted.

Mark

sorry I took the easy way out and have a room at the host hotel:rolleyes:

But my buddy is still considering camping, I will keep you postd.

Nearby Camping

For those of you like my self that have roof top tents and don’t mind sleeping in them rather than staying in a hotel while at Dirty Toy School I have found an RV park that is 4 Miles away from Borrego Springs Resort. I emailed the reservation desk and they said Roof Top Tents are OK.

It is the Palm Canyon Resort:

They have:

1) RV Spots we can camp in, some with fire-pits
2) Shower facilities
3) WiFi for an extra $5.95 per day
4) A restaurant that serves breakfast
5) Cost is $32.oo per night.

As much as I would like to camp out under the stars in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park I think the fact that this place is close to Borrego Springs Resort where the morning classes are to be held will work out fine. Plus a hot shower and WiFi, what more would one need.

If anyone else would care to join me please send me a PM through the forum.

Cheers

Mark

----------------------------------
Here is a clip from the Chamber of Commerce Wed Site

Palm Canyon Resort
Rustic resort and RV park, adjacent to the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Two pools, full-service bar and restaurant. Relaxed, scenic setting, with on-site laundry and snack store. Biker friendly, and perfect for groups and family re-unions!

221 Palm Canyon Dr
PO Box 956
Borrego Springs CA 92004-0956
800-242-0044 | 760-767-5341 | Fax: 760-767-4073
Palm Canyon Resort, Borrego Springs California USA
----------------------------------

Here is the email response I got back from the front desk about rigs with RTT’s

Mark,

Yes tents are OK as long as they don't require stakes, so rigs like yours or pop up tents. The rate would be $32 a night per site for a back-in 30 amp. Yes we breakfast will be served at the restaurant and WIFI is available in the RV park for an additional 5.95 per day. There are fire pits available located in the RV part. We have a map available on our web page by selecting RV and on the bottom right.

Larry

---------------------------------------------

MDTrip.jpg

Anza Trip

How many people are interested in this Anza run?

I've got some property outside the city limits (30min or so), several people would be able to camp with their rigs in the boonies adjacent a dry lake bed. I grew up visiting Anza Borrego and this property as a kid, would love to get back out there.

I'm from Oregon, and am driving my sixty down to S.D. for the holidays with the fam. Let me know if you're interested.

Palm Canyon Camp Ground (5min from city) or Tamarack Grove (25min from city) are small and semi-secluded fee sites nearby.

PM me. :steer:

OneTwoCarlo:

That would be nice to camp there if I did not have to get to class in the morning so that's why I chose a spot in town. Are you going to Drity Toy School as well?

Mark

Soo... It's almost time for DTS, is anyone on the board going?

Mark

I almost have all the videos from the trip ready to be posted. I will link them in this section when I am done!

Had a great time.

Thanks Bill and Chris!

BTW this is Mitch in the LC 200!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom