Differential case torque spec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got my front locking diff from my 93 torn down as the bearings, side gears and spider cross shaft needed to be replaced and the only information I have looks like its for a non locking unit. I am looking for the torque specs for the bolts that hold the 2-piece differential case together. Also are the backlash measurements for these side gears and spiders different than those given with the factory info with the one piece differential case? Thanks

35 lbft for the diff cases. Backlash and pre-load are the same as a non-lock diff.

You must have a 93 manual :rolleyes: . They left a bunch of stuff out. I have one too and a 94,95,96,97......... ;)

Thanks Cruiserdan,
I had a friend of mine send me down all the pages for diff out of the 93 manual, but he wasn't at work to look up the answers. Since there are things missing from the 93 manual would it be more universal and helpful to get a 94 manual. I've got to get this front end back on the road and then the next purchase is the manual. Seems a little backwards I know.

I recommend that 93 owners with an FFA rear get the 94 manual.
The 93 omits the FFA, some disc brake info and all the difflock stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom