Difference between FJ40 and FJ60 stock engines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All right, you cruiser heads, the engine in the FJ40 looks the same as the engine in the FJ60--but are they? Is there a good site that gives specs that can be researched?

Thanks.

[quote author=djchris link=board=1;threadid=4482;start=msg33557#msg33557 date=1061414980]
are they?
[/quote]

Darn close. The latter model 2F's in the 1979+ 40s I believe were quite close, there were new AC/PS mounting bracket holes in the updated 2F blocks (maybe the head?) The pistons in the latter-latter-model 60s I believe were also different, but I defer to those more knowledable for that.

Many other things changed in terms of accessories such as the carburetor, AI system, distributors/ignition throughout the years, et cetera. Most things are completely swappable though going up in years.

What about power--torque, HP, etc.? Comparing a 78 FJ40 with an 87 FJ60...

[quote author=djchris link=board=1;threadid=4482;start=msg33568#msg33568 date=1061418153]
What about power--torque, HP
[/quote]

Some specs I only recall, but can't find them when I read your post. IIRC, the 85+ (maybe I'm incorrect on the year, maybe earlier) had 10 more HP and 5 more lb-ft, I'm assuming dead on in the RPM range. This may be due to a slight change in the head at that time, again I'm speaking from what I remember when I used to try to memorize some of this, but its been a while.

Someone will definetely know exactly HOW the head changed in that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom