Diff drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There are .pdf instructions on the link you provided.
Looks like two big spacers for sure, and the third if there was a factory bash guard.

Why are you doing a diff drop, it isnt the same geometries as a 100 series that require one

I echo what @Romer says. The 200-series doesn't commonly need a diff drop for most lifts and the CVs don't seem to have any wear issues long term.

That said, there's some suspensions on the market that really add to the droop travel on the front. That when combined with more extreme caster adjustments may potentially put the CVs past workable angles. There's been some anecdotally hints where the CVs may grenade at full droop when loaded with these types of setups. Primary solution may be to back off on the caster, but a small diff drop may also help solve this issue.

Why are you doing a diff drop, it isnt the same geometries as a 100 series that require one
The CV axles went bad and having difficulty getting the camber aligned properly. After talking to many installers the common recommendation that I found is to try the diff drop.

The stress on front suspension parts has basically ruined every part after lift.

I echo what @Romer says. The 200-series doesn't commonly need a diff drop for most lifts and the CVs don't seem to have any wear issues long term.

That said, there's some suspensions on the market that really add to the droop travel on the front. That when combined with more extreme caster adjustments may potentially put the CVs past workable angles. There's been some anecdotally hints where the CVs may grenade at full droop when loaded with these types of setups. Primary solution may be to back off on the caster, but a small diff drop may also help solve this issue.
Camber has been the biggest problem. I can see a viable difference in cv axle angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom