Diesel Price @ 66% of Gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The advantage of the diesel engines will be more apparent when gasoline and diesel fuel climb to $10/gallon...we can switch to straight peanut oil and keep on trucking.

I feel bad for commercial drivers, housewives with Yukons and X5's should be ashamed of themselves....nobody with 7-passenger seating has ever had 7 passengers.

I feel bad for commercial drivers, housewives with Yukons and X5's should be ashamed of themselves....nobody with 7-passenger seating has ever had 7 passengers.

This coming from a guy with a 5000 lb two seater.:grinpimp:

You guys should come to the UK and pay $8.70 US gal then you can really start complaining.

What is going on?

I see that diesel has just gone down to $0.809/l at the truck stop and gas has been selling at $1.214 for the past week.

How can this be?

That is US$2.80/gal. What is the cost in the US of diesel?

I save about $40 per tank now that I run diesel.

Be Happy.

I used to get a 20% advantage at the pump. These days I'm reduced to a little less than 10%.

Kalawang

The delta BC and perhaps Vancouver area just experaince a shocker of a one day price drop in fuel. This may have resulted from a provincial or federal scathing report of price fixing of the oil industry. Our fuel comes from alberta not the middle east but the oil companies here are tied to OPEC price structor. The price of unleded fuel went from $1.30 per litter to $1.16 - 1.20 the next day. Pretty obvios the refineries and opec are lying about the shortage of fuel. I hope this continues in the downward spiral. BTW the goverment should get more involved and build a refinery of its own or re regulate the fuel industry.

It's nice to have diesel below regular by a long shot But
I want to get my 3B to Seattle for a visit to www.frybird.com for a wvo system install.
Anybody running a system like this in Calagry?

Last edited:
I just came back from Poland and out ther with diesel consumption grater then gas ,diesel is still cheper then gas by some .25$usd/
And you can buy amost all makes and models with diesel engine????????????????????????????????????????????????????
And funny thing is you need to realy look to find gaser truck or SUV!!!!!!

Hello everybody,
The price of oil keeps on going up year to year. It's make me wonder is there any engine thats take less fuel and at the same time offers ample power for off-roading.

It's all based on the local economy:

last time I was in London, a Big Mac or any other common consumer item was about the same in British Pounds as it was in Canadian $$.

So, let's say a Big Mac was CAD $1.85, it was L1.85 in London. And other things too... babysitters here don't get $20/hr. like in the UK (when you do the conversion).

You're quite welcome to move to Canada... and bring your Land Cruiser with you :cheers:

You guys should come to the UK and pay $8.70 US gal then you can really start complaining.

Ditto ..

Let's talk about min salary. Here in Panamá 258 USD.. with 3.48 USD/g 95 oct gas .. pretty expensive.

Usually meal ( burgger, soda and french fries ) in McDonalds are around 2.98 USD ..

Diesel in Woodbury, CT - $3.09 vs $3.44 for regular gas.
Fuel in Woodbury tends to be 10 to 20 cents higher than in some parts of CT.

I think the higher diesel price was due to the switch over from LSD to ULSD.

Now that the switch over is done (at least around here) the price of diesel has stabilized.

A lot of the price hikes is due to limited refinery capacity and switch overs. The Feds require a different fuel mix in the winter and summer.

Ditto ..

Let's talk about min salary. Here in Panamá 258 USD.. with 3.48 USD/g 95 oct gas .. pretty expensive.

Usually meal ( burgger, soda and french fries ) in McDonalds are around 2.98 USD ..

You must find a way to run your Landcruiser on Big Macs....would be cheaper!

:)

last time I was in London, a Big Mac or any other common consumer item was about the same in British Pounds as it was in Canadian $$.

So, let's say a Big Mac was CAD $1.85, it was L1.85 in London. And other things too... babysitters here don't get $20/hr. like in the UK (when you do the conversion).

You're quite welcome to move to Canada... and bring your Land Cruiser with you :cheers:

try eating mc'dicks in finland...its like 10 euro once the smoke clears...and its still crap! oh and also when comparing fuel prices among different countries you might want to take into consideration the grade of fuel, in finland the lowest grade avail is 95 octane (i think, or whatever our mid grade is) and premium is 98 i think...and gas prices here dont fluxuate nearly as much. diesel has stayed at .99€/L for at least the last couple weeks and the 95 is somwhere around €1.20 but then everything is more expensive here, which sucks

try eating mc'dicks in finland...its like 10 euro once the smoke clears...and its still crap! oh and also when comparing fuel prices among different countries you might want to take into consideration the grade of fuel, in finland the lowest grade avail is 95 octane (i think, or whatever our mid grade is) and premium is 98 i think...and gas prices here dont fluxuate nearly as much. diesel has stayed at .99€/L for at least the last couple weeks and the 95 is somwhere around €1.20 but then everything is more expensive here, which sucks

I believe the octane ratings are the same, they use a different form of measurement which yields a higher number, but chemically-speaking, it's identical to the north American counterpart.

They use RON or MON and we use the vice-versa in North America

diesel here (remaining about constant) at 3.19 usg. is finally cheaper than gas again. It's been a few years but with gas at 3.29-3.39 diesel comes in 10c cheaper.

I'm seeing diesel here in Houston for $2.69/gallon and up to $2.79/gallon. The average seems to be from twenty to thirty cents per gallon LESS than regular unleaded. JOY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom