Did I screw up?? Sold 06 LC for 16 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold my 100 series a couple of months ago and replaced it with an '18 LX. Still missing the hundy and I don't know if I will ever get used to all the tech gadgets on the LX. I do love the 5.7 but that is about all so far. Time will tell I guess.

Just FYI when they have less than 36,000 on them you can buy the extended protection for about $1000 after your purchase.
From toyota/lexus? I have only 18k on my ‘13 LX and would be interested in getting one if possible.

Search extended protection plan on this site, I think her name begins with a "J" if I remember right. You can get the details from her. I remember they had a 36k mile cut off.

Search extended protection plan on this site, I think her name begins with a "J" if I remember right. You can get the details from her. I remember they had a 36k mile cut off.
I reached out to her when I bought my LX and she said it only applies to vehicles under factory warranty.

I reached out to her when I bought my LX and she said it only applies to vehicles under factory warranty.

I think the 2016 that was posted about and is under 36k miles is still under factory warentee.. So it must be a years or miles thing?

Reactions: LCT
Yup, you screwed up.......you should have kept the 100 AND bought the 200! But seriously, even though it feels different, the 200 will grow on you and you'll love as much as the 100. Happened to me anyway!
^^^^ THIS

That's why I won't be getting rid of my 470 when we add a 570 to the family.

$1k seems really cheap. How does it matchup to what the dealership offers 7yr/100k warranty for around $2300?

I miss my 80s, lust for a low-mileage locked 40th in town. The 100 wasn't as satisfying to drive, didn't "feel" as capable and rugged. Until I put the bullbar and bigger AT tires on it, then suddenly I loved driving it, and still do. My 200 looks boring and feels like I'm driving just another tight, new vehicle, the amazing capabilities just aren't apparent in daily driving. Tires and a bumper will transform the experience, I'll be constantly reminded I'm in a rugged as fawk vehicle that nothing else around it compares to.
1609597200228.png
1609596862065.png

Yup, you screwed up.......you should have kept the 100 AND bought the 200! But seriously, even though it feels different, the 200 will grow on you and you'll love as much as the 100. Happened to me anyway!
I'm trying to figure a way to justify keeping the 100, but like the 80s before, it starts needing a lot of attention. I've dumped over $3k into it recently, planning to keep it, and it still has some minor issues. Maybe my son will want it, he is driving it right now while his Subaru has a problem.

Last edited:
I was planning on selling my 100 after I bought the 200. I just couldn't sell it since I bought it in 2003 and it is older than my kids. So I did what should have been done a long time ago, add TJM bumper, small lift, replace steering rack and get new wheels/tires for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom