DFW mechanic who you'd trust with your diesel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Lone Star Land Cruiser Members,

Thanks for the add, and thankful to have the opportunity to get to know you all better!

I have a question...my wife (Alyssa) and I have a 1981 BJ44. It has been awesome for the few years we've owned it, and trouble-free! Neither of us know diddly about working on it though, and are hoping to find someone local you could recommend we reach out to. I have a slight diesel leak, and need someone experience who could look at it for us. And a few years back, Buddy at the Cruiser Shop said he didn't work on diesels.

Any recommendations/direction is truly appreciated!

Blessings,
David & Alyssa

1981 BJ44.jpg
IMG_0927.JPG

Second Dajda Auto. Hasn't worked on the oil burner yet but has on the LX450

You may want to give Joe a call too. In addition to providing critical parts for diesel Cruisers, Joe is a knowledgeable and experienced mechanic on Land Cruiser diesels.
joekatana

You may want to give Joe a call too. In addition to providing critical parts for diesel Cruisers, Joe is a knowledgeable and experienced mechanic on Land Cruiser diesels.
joekatana
Larry - thank you! I appreciate your recommendation of Joe and his expertise. I'll touch base with him soon. Have a great day out there!

Both recommendations are great, can't go wrong with either. I have had both work on different rigs of mine. :D Very good looking BJ44 you got there!

@Delancy who were the guys you used.

In the DFW area, @joekatana.

Joe's pulled a VM for an 1HZ and 3B for 1HD, the latter in a Troopy he facilitated my going full 'tard on, the scope of work exceeding that of a typical 'shop'.

Fairly sure Joe's not going to touch an injection pump, assuming that's what's leaking. For that, have had great service at a local outfit, http://progressivetruckandtractor.com/ . With two 1HZ pumps, twelve injectors, and a Safari turbo under their belts, they're Denso proficient and becoming Cruiser fans, although, as they'll say, 'it's nothing but a damn tractor engine'.

In the DFW area, @joekatana.

Joe's pulled a VM for an 1HZ and 3B for 1HD, the latter in a Troopy he facilitated my going full 'tard on, the scope of work exceeding that of a typical 'shop'.

Fairly sure Joe's not going to touch an injection pump, assuming that's what's leaking. For that, have had great service at a local outfit, http://progressivetruckandtractor.com/ . With two 1HZ pumps, twelve injectors, and a Safari turbo under their belts, they're Denso proficient and becoming Cruiser fans, although, as they'll say, 'it's nothing but a damn tractor engine'.

Delaney & Fireman - thank you both for weighing in on this. I met with Mike Dajda yesterday, and he felt confident he could address the issues with my 44...and the bonus is, he's just down the road from me.

I appreciate everyone's help!

That is always good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom