DFG Offroad Drawer System Reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did they reply back to you/resolve this?
Not really and now I'm stuck in a limbo state.... DFG shipped my fridge slider last week after I sent them numerous screenshots, emails, and even social messages (still not here, but I at least have a tracking number now). And the drawers are apparently sitting on a truck waiting to be unloaded 1.5hours from me (that I have to eventually drive to to pick up myself). So, now I am at the mercy of whatever cheap (not to me - I paid $150 for this garbage shipping) overloaded freight service they have used. I have called the freight company, and they said it would be at least 2 weeks before they could even unload the truck! I do not place the blame on the freight company as they are clearly still dealing with staffing issues. But I do 100% place the blame of DFG to not address this issue with their customers since I know for a fact they have known about these further delays and did not pivot to a different service or inform anyone. So I'm sorta stuck.

Update: I finally got a call from the shipping company to come pick up my drawers (over an hour away) and was told I had 2 days to pick them up otherwise they will start charging me storage fees. On the plus side, they are open 24hours so I went and picked them up at 10pm. lol.

I started installing the drawers, they sent me the wrong bracket for one of the wings so I could not finish the installation. On one side of the decking, the plywood delaminated and was coming apart and sagging, and one of the wings had the mounting brackets screwed in on the wrong side, so I had to relocate them (nbd, but not really ideal). I notified DFG about the other two issues and they immediately sent me a new bracket, which was great. However, they will not give me any date or time on when they can send me a new top deck...so for now I'm stuck with it. The drawer latches are nice but don't close the drawers tightly. they have about 1/2" of wiggle in and out, which is super annoying on bumpy roads, so I'll need to install some additional bumpers to mitigate the movement.

Outside of those things, the bearings are good, the hardware is good, and everything came together nicely from a tolerance standpoint. The wings are pretty flimsy, putting anything heavy on them will definitely break them (probably also a casualty of de-lamination). So I'll probably reinforce them from the bottom with some vertical cross-bracing.

The fridge slide is pretty nice, but just came with wood screws to install...I'm pretty sure those will rip out of 1/2" plywood pretty quick, so I'll probably have to bolt some additional metal supports under the decking and bolt it all in.
IMG_20210818_192106836.jpg

IMG_20210818_191913361.jpg

Last edited:
Update: I finally got a call from the shipping company to come pick up my drawers (over an hour away) and was told I had 2 days to pick them up otherwise they will start charging me storage fees. On the plus side, they are open 24hours so I went and picked them up at 10pm. lol.

I started installing the drawers, they sent me the wrong bracket for one of the wings so I could not finish the installation. On one side of the decking, the plywood delaminated and was coming apart and sagging, and one of the wings had the mounting brackets screwed in on the wrong side, so I had to relocate them (nbd, but not really ideal). I notified DFG about the other two issues and they immediately sent me a new bracket, which was great. However, they will not give me any date or time on when they can send me a new top deck...so for now I'm stuck with it. The drawer latches are nice but don't close the drawers tightly. they have about 1/2" of wiggle in and out, which is super annoying on bumpy roads, so I'll need to install some additional bumpers to mitigate the movement.

Outside of those things, the bearings are good, the hardware is good, and everything came together nicely from a tolerance standpoint. The wings are pretty flimsy, putting anything heavy on them will definitely break them (probably also a casualty of de-lamination). So I'll probably reinforce them from the bottom with some vertical cross-bracing.

The fridge slide is pretty nice, but just came with wood screws to install...I'm pretty sure those will rip out of 1/2" plywood pretty quick, so I'll probably have to bolt some additional metal supports under the decking and bolt it all in.

View attachment 2770464View attachment 2770457
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but when did you actually order and pay for these drawers?

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but when did you actually order and pay for these drawers?
Placed the order May 16. It was advertised as "In Stock". They captured payment almost immediately, which is usually illegal (as opposed to capture on fulfillment) unless the product is "made to order", or you use a wallet payment that handles the capture. This falls in a gray area.

Placed the order May 16. It was advertised as "In Stock". They captured payment almost immediately, which is usually illegal (as opposed to capture on fulfillment) unless the product is "made to order", or you use a wallet payment that handles the capture. This falls in a gray area.
Thanks for posting about this. This is poor form on their part and they won't be getting business from me.

View attachment 2770464View attachment 2770457
Have you considered using tee nuts? That's what I used to install my fridge slide - no problems to date. Plus with matching screws, you can have a flush underside to avoid any snags from items in the drawers.

1630348308356.png

Thanks for posting about this. This is poor form on their part and they won't be getting business from me.
Yeah, I'll be honest, I've been in the ecom world for 15 years and typically give a lot of grace to companies. But I also know how all the underpinning systems and processes run/should run. I really wish everything had gone smoothly, but I wish even more that they were handled better when they didn't. Fingers crossed they send me a new deck soon.

Have you considered using tee nuts? That's what I used to install my fridge slide - no problems to date. Plus with matching screws, you can have a flush underside to avoid any snags from items in the drawers.

View attachment 2773061
Oh! I forgot all about these. Great call! I might have some left over from a climbing wall I put up in my garage.

I used 3 prong tee nuts to install my DFG fridge slide to my Land Shark drawers. When I received my slide, it wouldn't slide. The bolt that goes through the slide frame was bent and in the closed position. I had to straighten the bolt and tweak the frame to get the slide out. My communication with DFG was not what I expected to get from a vendor. " The last frame must be out of position, just force the tray a little to center it in the hole, if you have doubts I will send you a video and a couple of photos so you can see how to do it.." After seeing that response, I gave up dealing with them and opened up the hole so that the slide would function. I have a crooked fridge slide that functions, I have to use some force to get it to latch. Because the bolt is steel and the frame aluminum, it will get better with use, but it was the first and last thing I will order from them.

Hi there,
I hope you're well..
I am answering this thread since I see some claims that it seems we did not care but it is not like that, I do not want to create any problem I will just clarify.. when you placed your order we did not have it "in stock", (I imagine that we did not you saw it) here is your order and you can see it in your account on our website..

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.03.24 PM.png

We had problems with the container with a delay of more than 4 weeks and we always had communication with the customer by email when we had new information about the container we sent an update, (I can also give you a screenshot of all the emails).
We asked you before sending to that terminal if it worked for you because we knew it was more than 1 hour from your house but it is not our fault that you live far from the city and you did not pay the delivery to residential.

We solve all your issues in the best way, in your first email the first thing you told me was:

"Before I start writing reviews on this product, I wanted to reach out to see how you would like to resolve this. Can you please send me a replacement top for the right side (non slider) ASAP?"

At this point you are already telling me that if I do not solve the problem you are going to do a bad review, it was not my fault that the lid was bent in the shipment but we still sent you a new one, you should check the drawer before signing the paper, at this point I cannot claim the shipping company and DFG assumes the loss.

unfortunately I can't check all the boxes we ship..

With the wrong bracket it could be my fault but we sent more than 70 drawer the same week and 4 of them had two left brackets, we sent the correct brackets and we solved the issues.

I told you to have patience because we had many slides to build and the drawer slides did not arrive on time, you ordered the slide on 08/07 and we sent it to you on 12/08, 25 business days of the 30 business days that we give all customers have passed.

Be safe..

Carlos,
DFG Offroad

I used 3 prong tee nuts to install my DFG fridge slide to my Land Shark drawers. When I received my slide, it wouldn't slide. The bolt that goes through the slide frame was bent and in the closed position. I had to straighten the bolt and tweak the frame to get the slide out. My communication with DFG was not what I expected to get from a vendor. " The last frame must be out of position, just force the tray a little to center it in the hole, if you have doubts I will send you a video and a couple of photos so you can see how to do it.." After seeing that response, I gave up dealing with them and opened up the hole so that the slide would function. I have a crooked fridge slide that functions, I have to use some force to get it to latch. Because the bolt is steel and the frame aluminum, it will get better with use, but it was the first and last thing I will order from them.
I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble with your fridge slide,
Send us an email with a couple of photos, we will send you a new slide,

Carlos,
DFG Offroad

View attachment 2773199
View attachment 2773200
"The drawer latches are nice but don't close the drawers tightly. they have about 1/2" of wiggle in and out, which is super annoying on bumpy roads, so I'll need to install some additional bumpers to mitigate the movement."

you did not install the rubber stops correctly or you did not install them,
the orange line goes to the back of the drawer, nothing extra is necessary..

IMG_5257.JPG

Not really and now I'm stuck in a limbo state.... DFG shipped my fridge slider last week after I sent them numerous screenshots, emails, and even social messages (still not here, but I at least have a tracking number now). And the drawers are apparently sitting on a truck waiting to be unloaded 1.5hours from me (that I have to eventually drive to to pick up myself). So, now I am at the mercy of whatever cheap (not to me - I paid $150 for this garbage shipping) overloaded freight service they have used. I have called the freight company, and they said it would be at least 2 weeks before they could even unload the truck! I do not place the blame on the freight company as they are clearly still dealing with staffing issues. But I do 100% place the blame of DFG to not address this issue with their customers since I know for a fact they have known about these further delays and did not pivot to a different service or inform anyone. So I'm sorta stuck.
Unfortunately it is not our fault, they give an ETA and it is the only thing I can see in our system, we send your drawer to the freight terminal closest to your address, (the closest is 1 hour away) if they have problems with the deliveries I have no way of knowing.
If you buy on Amazon and it arrives a day after the date, is it the fault of the seller or Amazon that makes the delivery?
I attach a screenshot of my system.

Carlos,
DFG Offroad

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.11.36 PM.png

Thats very telling. While I'd love to counter each one of your cherry-picked points, I've simply already wasted too much time and energy dealing with this. Best of luck

I have the DFG drawers and I love them. I ordered when they were still on back order so I expected the delay. Took a couple of months but it was worth the wait. I got a couple of updates during the process, kept me satisfied. Considering current issues with international logistics chains I think it’s not unusual to be dealing with delays and overwhelmed vendors.

40FCA9EB-9842-4932-AB98-341434DCAC26.jpeg

039CCC7F-BB2F-4B3A-B0A4-C67C57F2B115.jpeg

877C012D-DCB7-41DD-B292-B9314A6AA2FF.jpeg

485D79FB-D431-47B1-81AF-DD3E60AF593A.jpeg

I have the DFG drawers and I love them. I ordered when they were still on back order so I expected the delay. Took a couple of months but it was worth the wait. I got a couple of updates during the process, kept me satisfied. Considering current issues with international logistics chains I think it’s not unusual to be dealing with delays and overwhelmed vendors.

View attachment 2827581

View attachment 2827582

View attachment 2827583

View attachment 2827584
Is that some type of table in the right hand drawer?

I live a few hours from Jacksonville and have a few friends there whom I am going to enlist in helping me pick up ands install these drawers. Hopefully that can avoid some of the shipping problems.

How many hours would you estimate it took you to complete the install?

Is that some type of table in the right hand drawer?

I live a few hours from Jacksonville and have a few friends there whom I am going to enlist in helping me pick up ands install these drawers. Hopefully that can avoid some of the shipping problems.

How many hours would you estimate it took you to complete the install?
Yep it’s the DFG drawer extension. Stores away on top of the drawer when not in use and hooks on to the end of the drawer when you need it.

I’d say it took my wife and me about 3.5 hours in total. That includes time messing around trying to make holes line up without cutting metal and injury timeout from aluminum finger cuts. The provided instructions are awful and the YouTube video review they link on the DFG site isn’t much better.

View attachment 2827581

View attachment 2827582

View attachment 2827583

View attachment 2827584
Can you use as sleeper when seats are folded down? Or would you need an extension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom