DFG Offroad Drawer System Reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone order from these guys? It looks like their stuff is nicely made, but I have been really struggling with getting order reports, shipping notifications, and whatnot. It's like pulling teeth trying to get any communication back from them. I'd really like to give these guys the benefit of a doubt, but trying get shipping details has been a nightmare. I feel like I'm trying to communicate with some Chinese shell company as opposed to an American one in Florida ...Just wondering if the struggle is worth it or if anyone as other recommendations for drawer systems.

Sounds like you already know the answer. Why do business with a company that isn't interested in getting your business. Imagine how bad it will be after you have ponied up the dollars and still haven't received anything. If it were me i would be staying well clear and thinking about hitting up the Land Shark Bait & Tackle Shop - https://landsharkoutfitters.com/ Their shop is closed until Aug 30th so their team can take a holiday but i know that because they communicate.

Yup, sadly, I did pony up the cash in MAY and am still waiting on receiving the orders. I was told to "be patient bro" after being lied to that one had shipped when it actually had not (still hasnt). I totally understand that Covid has 100% changed distribution, but the goal post has been moved so many times over the past 3 months, and with very poor communication throughout the entire process it's been nuts. I've paid $150 in shipping only to find out that one of the orders is going to a terminal over an hour away that is backlogged by 2-3 weeks. Trying to assess sunk costs at this point in canceling. It's really been a bummer of an experience as these are not cheap products and quite frankly they look awesome.

Last edited:
I tried a few times to get some info from them on their fridge slides but couldn't get an E-mail or phone call back. Ended up grabbing an Alu-Cab because of it.

If you still run into issues, I really like the drawer system I picked up from @RuggedBound

Good to know. I was really considering picking up a drawer system from DFG- in addition to the price being better, it would have been nice to support a small business instead of ARB, Dobinsons, Ironman. Oh well.

BTW, the drawer system for the 80 on Ironman + wing kits end up being a little cheaper than DFG if you find a 20% off coupon.

DFG drawers look like Dobinson drawers with different pulls and latches. Not good or bad but just something I noticed. Probably come out of the same factory.

I’ve ordered about 3 different fridge slides from them without any issues but this was pre-pandemic. I know a lot of vendors here and elsewhere are having supply/demand problems right now.

DFG drawers look like Dobinson drawers with different pulls and latches. Not good or bad but just something I noticed. Probably come out of the same factory.
That would actually make a lot of sense based on the delays they have been experiencing.

Haven’t heard of these but great price. I’m very happy with my Big Country (South Africa) drawers from @RuggedBound. Theo was great to work with and helped do the install in his shop right before I left for Solid Axle Summit.

FAE0B792-1807-4E10-A101-A914AA0F7798.jpeg

56435975-3E71-4635-9BBF-36D19E30C6B0.jpeg

Well if we’re in a sharing mood…

Theo’s customer service was top notch! The group buy he put together was responsive and any small issue was resolved with a swiftness.

D14C0FCA-4BBC-4947-9217-481F0357F693.jpeg

Anyone order from these guys? It looks like their stuff is nicely made, but I have been really struggling with getting order reports, shipping notifications, and whatnot. It's like pulling teeth trying to get any communication back from them. I'd really like to give these guys the benefit of a doubt, but trying get shipping details has been a nightmare. I feel like I'm trying to communicate with some Chinese shell company as opposed to an American one in Florida ...Just wondering if the struggle is worth it or if anyone as other recommendations for drawer systems.
Get your money back and move on, it’s been way to long. If they hassle you about a refund just do a chargeback through your bank.

Well if we’re in a sharing mood…

Theo’s customer service was top notch! The group buy he put together was responsive and any small issue was resolved with a swiftness.

View attachment 2756746
Absolutely! And they open ALL THE WAY as shown by @Bludozer

Smaller Exped mat. What do you put in the space when you raise the 2nd seat?

Yeah mine is the smallest - good width and not too long where I need to move my driver seat forward (I'm 5'10").

I also have the in-drawer bins, so I’ve had no use for the drawer dividers. Now I use them as a protective barrier between my slide and mattress

9D216D57-A680-4B38-A1EB-174DEB4EF022.jpeg

I originally used @Outsane 's leveling blocks, but while they do a great job leveling, these drawers are just a little too short to line up perfectly. I think most drawer systems are a bit taller, and the blocks are perfect for it. But I actually prefer the shorter profile as it gives me more room up top (like with my tilt slide) and these drawers have all the room I need.

A couple yoga mats on top of each other do well with making up the difference once you get your mattress over it. Or, as I do, I leave the folded rear seat "normal" in its slightly angled position and fold a single yoga mat over the drawers. Between the mattress, the mat, and the bedding, you can't even tell there's an angle. This is coming from a guy with plates and screws in my spine, so I'd say I'm the "princess and the pea" when it comes to comfort.

I also have the RuggedBound system and like it.

If you are a member of the group Toyota Land Cruiser Marketplace on Facebook, someone just posted a DFG drawer for sale.

I also have the RuggedBound system and like it.

If you are a member of the group Toyota Land Cruiser Marketplace on Facebook, someone just posted a DFG drawer for sale.
Thanks for looking out! I'm not part of facebook fortunately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom