DFG Offroad Drawer System Reviews

Did they reply back to you/resolve this?
Not really and now I'm stuck in a limbo state.... DFG shipped my fridge slider last week after I sent them numerous screenshots, emails, and even social messages (still not here, but I at least have a tracking number now). And the drawers are apparently sitting on a truck waiting to be unloaded 1.5hours from me (that I have to eventually drive to to pick up myself). So, now I am at the mercy of whatever cheap (not to me - I paid $150 for this garbage shipping) overloaded freight service they have used. I have called the freight company, and they said it would be at least 2 weeks before they could even unload the truck! I do not place the blame on the freight company as they are clearly still dealing with staffing issues. But I do 100% place the blame of DFG to not address this issue with their customers since I know for a fact they have known about these further delays and did not pivot to a different service or inform anyone. So I'm sorta stuck.

Update: I finally got a call from the shipping company to come pick up my drawers (over an hour away) and was told I had 2 days to pick them up otherwise they will start charging me storage fees. On the plus side, they are open 24hours so I went and picked them up at 10pm. lol.

I started installing the drawers, they sent me the wrong bracket for one of the wings so I could not finish the installation. On one side of the decking, the plywood delaminated and was coming apart and sagging, and one of the wings had the mounting brackets screwed in on the wrong side, so I had to relocate them (nbd, but not really ideal). I notified DFG about the other two issues and they immediately sent me a new bracket, which was great. However, they will not give me any date or time on when they can send me a new top deck...so for now I'm stuck with it. The drawer latches are nice but don't close the drawers tightly. they have about 1/2" of wiggle in and out, which is super annoying on bumpy roads, so I'll need to install some additional bumpers to mitigate the movement.

Outside of those things, the bearings are good, the hardware is good, and everything came together nicely from a tolerance standpoint. The wings are pretty flimsy, putting anything heavy on them will definitely break them (probably also a casualty of de-lamination). So I'll probably reinforce them from the bottom with some vertical cross-bracing.

The fridge slide is pretty nice, but just came with wood screws to install...I'm pretty sure those will rip out of 1/2" plywood pretty quick, so I'll probably have to bolt some additional metal supports under the decking and bolt it all in.
IMG_20210818_192106836.jpg

IMG_20210818_191913361.jpg

Last edited:

FMC80

GOLD Star
Update: I finally got a call from the shipping company to come pick up my drawers (over an hour away) and was told I had 2 days to pick them up otherwise they will start charging me storage fees. On the plus side, they are open 24hours so I went and picked them up at 10pm. lol.

I started installing the drawers, they sent me the wrong bracket for one of the wings so I could not finish the installation. On one side of the decking, the plywood delaminated and was coming apart and sagging, and one of the wings had the mounting brackets screwed in on the wrong side, so I had to relocate them (nbd, but not really ideal). I notified DFG about the other two issues and they immediately sent me a new bracket, which was great. However, they will not give me any date or time on when they can send me a new top deck...so for now I'm stuck with it. The drawer latches are nice but don't close the drawers tightly. they have about 1/2" of wiggle in and out, which is super annoying on bumpy roads, so I'll need to install some additional bumpers to mitigate the movement.

Outside of those things, the bearings are good, the hardware is good, and everything came together nicely from a tolerance standpoint. The wings are pretty flimsy, putting anything heavy on them will definitely break them (probably also a casualty of de-lamination). So I'll probably reinforce them from the bottom with some vertical cross-bracing.

The fridge slide is pretty nice, but just came with wood screws to install...I'm pretty sure those will rip out of 1/2" plywood pretty quick, so I'll probably have to bolt some additional metal supports under the decking and bolt it all in.

View attachment 2770464View attachment 2770457
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but when did you actually order and pay for these drawers?

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but when did you actually order and pay for these drawers?
Placed the order May 16. It was advertised as "In Stock". They captured payment almost immediately, which is usually illegal (as opposed to capture on fulfillment) unless the product is "made to order", or you use a wallet payment that handles the capture. This falls in a gray area.

FMC80

GOLD Star
Placed the order May 16. It was advertised as "In Stock". They captured payment almost immediately, which is usually illegal (as opposed to capture on fulfillment) unless the product is "made to order", or you use a wallet payment that handles the capture. This falls in a gray area.
Thanks for posting about this. This is poor form on their part and they won't be getting business from me.

spazzyfry123

SILVER Star

View attachment 2770464View attachment 2770457
Have you considered using tee nuts? That's what I used to install my fridge slide - no problems to date. Plus with matching screws, you can have a flush underside to avoid any snags from items in the drawers.

1630348308356.png

Thanks for posting about this. This is poor form on their part and they won't be getting business from me.
Yeah, I'll be honest, I've been in the ecom world for 15 years and typically give a lot of grace to companies. But I also know how all the underpinning systems and processes run/should run. I really wish everything had gone smoothly, but I wish even more that they were handled better when they didn't. Fingers crossed they send me a new deck soon.

Have you considered using tee nuts? That's what I used to install my fridge slide - no problems to date. Plus with matching screws, you can have a flush underside to avoid any snags from items in the drawers.

View attachment 2773061
Oh! I forgot all about these. Great call! I might have some left over from a climbing wall I put up in my garage.

GT3510

SILVER Star
I used 3 prong tee nuts to install my DFG fridge slide to my Land Shark drawers. When I received my slide, it wouldn't slide. The bolt that goes through the slide frame was bent and in the closed position. I had to straighten the bolt and tweak the frame to get the slide out. My communication with DFG was not what I expected to get from a vendor. " The last frame must be out of position, just force the tray a little to center it in the hole, if you have doubts I will send you a video and a couple of photos so you can see how to do it.." After seeing that response, I gave up dealing with them and opened up the hole so that the slide would function. I have a crooked fridge slide that functions, I have to use some force to get it to latch. Because the bolt is steel and the frame aluminum, it will get better with use, but it was the first and last thing I will order from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom