Dexter Torflex axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntsqd

technerd
Threads
Since I design in SolidWorks for a living I design all my projects in SW too. I've been working on a single axle flatbed trailer design and I've yet to find any decent dimensional info on these axles. Has anyone else found a source for these files? Before you ask, I've been trying to talk to Dexter about this and I keep being told that "Someone will get back to you." This after they were completely unresponsive to multiple emails.
I can't believe that commercial trailer mfg's buy an axle just to reverse engineer the axle's space claim before they actually build the trailer. My employer develops "Customer Drawings" for every product that we make. These only have the space claim and mounting dimensional information on them, but that's all that I need.

I'm about to give up on this mfg. Not a fan of the Timbren axles design, are there any other production non leaf-sprung trailer axles that I've missed?

Latest entry into independent trailer suspension...

Not sure what type of information you need all things Torflex but Southwest Wheel had everything I needed to get Dexter axle model, etc., etc., figured out for my custom leaf conversion (thanks to Jason/Trail Tailor) axle system. IIRC, they list all the information about Dexter Torflex too.

Thanks for that. They have more info than I was finding on the Dexter page.

I think that I written this post 4 times now, only to have it wiped away for one reason or another.

A good friend uses a single axle 4x4 hauler trailer that he built. Tows it all over the country, likely put more miles on it in a year than most anyone else will puts on their trailer in a decade. Example: I first saw this trailer in Torrey, UT in March and he lives in OK. That was his fourth trip of the year. He tells me that the key to it working are the 14 ply trailer specific tires that he uses. Turns out those aren't all that uncommon, they're easy to find. With dual axles everything gets more difficult and expensive. A single axle is easy to use and maneuver.

This has inspired me to design something similar that can carry either the 4rnnr or the Blanc-oh, only I want to build it with no ramps. I H8 those things! Another good friend just drives his 40 onto the trailer and doesn't bother with the ramps. At this point I'm evaluating whether the trailer will be fixed ride height or have the ability to relax the suspension enough to put the rear cross-member on the ground or nearly there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom