Desmog turned into EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The job is 100% done and I’m effin happy . It’s was pretty straight forward and now the truck looks better and runs better than ever . Thank you Cam from Mosley Motors for the help .
Now it on to my OME lift kit !!

6DCBCA37-8EFE-47EA-ABD6-4BF0242FFDC3.jpeg

FC7F3091-7D98-4332-BD56-786E316059F1.jpeg

I'm considering removing the old Crab Blower too I really don't think it's necessary anymore. Any thoughts ??

Man that looks good! I needed some motivation, and that is certainly it!

I bought the kit from Cam several months ago, and then life got in the way, but I finally got started this weekend.

Unless you kept the temperature sensor, your carb fan likely isn't doing anything at this point. I've considered hard wiring mine to a switch in the cabin, as it gets quite hot in the summer here, but I'm not sure if it adds enough cooling to be worth messing with.

Man that looks good! I needed some motivation, and that is certainly it!

I bought the kit from Cam several months ago, and then life got in the way, but I finally got started this weekend.

Unless you kept the temperature sensor, your carb fan likely isn't doing anything at this point. I've considered hard wiring mine to a switch in the cabin, as it gets quite hot in the summer here, but I'm not sure if it adds enough cooling to be worth messing with.
My kit sat in the box for a little while too I was just waiting until I knew I could finish it to start. So I can relate about life getting in the way.
I did keep the old temp sender so that I could monitor temp on the dash . I just don’t see what the carb fan would do at this point . There are no float bowls anymore for the fuel to heat up.
Removing it would make things even less complicated and that was my goal with the entire desmog project.

Looking good! I'm feeling more inspired to take on the sniper project, maybe an xmas gift to myself haha

What fuel pump did you go with? I'm thinking about the Powersurge (sump), maybe it could be mounted where the carb fan was...

Looking good! I'm feeling more inspired to take on the sniper project, maybe an xmas gift to myself haha

What fuel pump did you go with? I'm thinking about the Powersurge (sump), maybe it could be mounted where the carb fan was...

I went against what I would normally do and I opted for the external unit that is supplied with the kit. I’m not familiar with the Powersurge system. I’m not real interested in making more power than stock .

I see you're using Cam's hard-line for the fuel supply, but where are you routing the fuel return?

I went against what I would normally do and I opted for the external unit that is supplied with the kit. I’m not familiar with the Powersurge system. I’m not real interested in making more power than stock .

Gotcha. I'm curious to know how you like the external, and congrats on the setup!

(Powersurge is just the name of the product, it doesn't provide better performance than an external or in-tank, at least that's my understanding)

Probably get by without the cooling fan in PA, but down here in South Cackalacky I want all the heat removal I can get. No float bowl but a lot of electronics.

I see you're using Cam's hard-line for the fuel supply, but where are you routing the fuel return?
Probably get by without the cooling fan in PA, but down here in South Cackalacky I want all the heat removal I can get. No float bowl but a lot of electronics.

Good point about the electronics . I believe I’ll keep the TBF. (Throttle Body Fan 😎😂)

I've also experienced a fan that wasn't working and the brake master cylinder lines heated up enough to feel the brakes dragging and slowly locking up, so it was also to cool the brake stuff I think. If it has good clean brake fluid this isn't a problem, but if it has some old brake fluid in it for years, which is hydrophilic pulling moisture out of the air, the water boils expanding and slowly locking the brakes up and then slowly unlocking after 15 minutes of waiting for it to cool down. was really weird to experience. solution was to fix the fan and change fluid. So, I'd say keep the fan.

@FlyingPlumr where did you get the adapter to the stock air cleaner?

I've also experienced a fan that wasn't working and the brake master cylinder lines heated up enough to feel the brakes dragging and slowly locking up, so it was also to cool the brake stuff I think. If it has good clean brake fluid this isn't a problem, but if it has some old brake fluid in it for years, which is hydrophilic pulling moisture out of the air, the water boils expanding and slowly locking the brakes up and then slowly unlocking after 15 minutes of waiting for it to cool down. was really weird to experience. solution was to fix the fan and change fluid. So, I'd say keep the fan.

@FlyingPlumr where did you get the adapter to the stock air cleaner?
Adapter came from Mosley Motors

Love seeing another 60 converted to EFI. My best mod to date. I used the PowerSurge...the name is a lil bit of a misnomer as it dsnt add any additional power...its simply a canister pump that send fuel to where it needs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom