Wanted Defroster ducts for 1966 FJ 45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Still looking for a pair of defroster ducts for my FJ45 resto. Here in the south it's not needed, but want to take rig up north eventually. Also looking for defroster dash diverters. Thx.

do you need both pieces for the windshield defroster?
do you need the elbows off the heater?

The elbows that I have are kind of cracked. Do you have any that are in good shape? Yes I need both pieces at the windshield (duct and diverter). Can you send pictures? Thx

Curious what defrost vents your needing? 66 would be different than 65. 66-74 is not much more than a metal diverter? 65 was piece that went thru the cowl and windshield frame with a diverter bolted on top. If you have a vent in the windshield it would be a 65 model.

IMG_0551.PNG
IMG_0054.JPG
Here is a picture of my dash where you can see the vents and the dark outline of the diverters. It is registered as a 1966. The dash is intact, so I am thinking that it requires the two diverters like those in the top picture. Am I wrong? Thx

you need the ones you pictured above. I found a few pieces, not a complete set yet.

I just acquired the metal pieces with an early windshield frame. What's the going rate these days for a clean pair?

65swb45 - I have no idea what the cost would be. Do you have a picture of the ducts? I want to make sure they are separated from the frame as later models were welded into the frame and could only be removed by cutting the dash.

I meant to post yesterday. I have changed my mind, and will keep the defroster parts with the matching windshield frame. GLWS.

Still looking for ducts and diverters, gentlemen. Any ideas or parts stuffed in the back of your garage or storage shed? Thx

Got the defroster diverted on eBay. Still looking for the ducts (triangular pieces). Any spares around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom