Defaced H-55 Shift Knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So in another fine moment this morning I came out to the truck to find that someone carved the shift pattern out of my shift knob last night

That’s right folks, rather than unscrew the knob, they took a knife and popped out the glossy pattern.....can’t make this s*** up anymore.

They left the cash, sunglasses, unopened amazon boxes and countless other goods to leave with a Nickle sized piece of plastic.

Does anyone know where I can find a H-55 five speed OEM knob? Or the part number where I can have the boys at Toyota procure one for me.

Also If anyone runs alarms on their rigs feel free to tell me what brand you’ve been using.

Happy Friday,
- James

7590CEF7-3FA6-4621-93B0-2147373D33AC.jpeg

here is your new H55F knob link , , i have used these and they ROCK

Unbelievable. Could be worse. The stock knob is actually all black plastic with the legend carved in. Several of us have sourced a new 5 speed bezels from other period Toyota models, read Corolla, to keep the older look.

Should be reasonable to find. I got mine from EBay, shipped from Malayasia.

Ragingmatt beat me to it but that one looks pretty awesome

Much appreciated - I can’t tell if the guy was just a moron, or if they left the knob with the intention of coming back to get it the whole truck.

Can’t win

Unbelievable. Could be worse. The stock knob is actually all black plastic with the legend carved in. Several of us have sourced a new 5 speed bezels from other period Toyota models, read Corolla, to keep the older look.

Should be reasonable to find. I got mine from EBay, shipped from Malayasia.

hey 60 works ,

is this what u are referring to ?

Much appreciated - I can’t tell if the guy was just a moron, or if they left the knob with the intention of coming back to get it the whole truck.

Can’t win
Probably can't drive a stick. They thought the shift pattern had some hidden meaning. I would look at an immobilizer or GPS tracker. Small investment for peace of mind

Last edited:
Strange what people will steal once someone broke into my wife's car ripped the door handle off (it was I the middle of the road) took about a $2 in change and left a empty ginger beer in the cup holder.

hopefully , this will help the healing , :)

things could have been worse ........................

When my 4-Runner was stolen in Albuquerque a while back not only did they not take anything (backpack, etc.), they left the handgun they used in the Taco Bell robbery o_O.

Free hand gun, awesome! is it a good shooter?;)

Are you sure it didn’t fall off and roll under the seat or something? Mine came off of my 4speed shifter one cold morning. I epoxied it back... once I found it.

I have the Rubber HF55 one and its great, highly prefer it over the glossy polished one.

I have same, and really like it.

Kind of worn smooth, but like the feel of the rubber.

P1090807.JPG

P1090807.JPG
P1100264.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom