Deep Sea Fishing Charter (or how to spend $600 and vomit all day)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
Gathering interest for a Deep Sea Fishing trip.

Summary:
Open to 5 others max (and myself)
May timeframe
Fishing from Oregon Inlet (OBX)
You leave from the docks at like 5AM so we plan on spending the night before (there's a nice campsite nearby or we can get a hotel/airbnb or even sleep in the trucks at the dock - I'm flexible)
Should be great Mahi and Tuna fishing
Assuming we do well, there will be a fish processing cost on top of this estimate (figure another $50 each or so):

Boat cost $2268
First Mate Tip - $300-500
Cost per person approximately $450 - plus beer.... so make it $600

LMK if you're interested by liking this post. Assuming we get more than 5 people interested, we'll work out the dates and go from there.

Dates are booking up FAST. My favorite boat has only 1 mid day available date in May....:( but there are many others.

No way I’m going out tot sea again.... but I give you a big thumbs up on the thread title !

5f848f53bc4c69b3288f2d500977daf83f138d932ad15df66446f1f2a1de39a5.jpg

No way I’m going out tot sea again.... but I give you a big thumbs up on the thread title !
They make crazy good patches now for folks who get sea sick. I usually don't and I would still use it.

They make crazy good patches now for folks who get sea sick. I usually don't and I would still use it.
I did 6.5 in the Navy, on subs. I didn’t know going in that I would get seasick. I tried the pill & the patch (but not CBD oil, couldn’t anyway) - but the only thing that worked for me was a clear trash bag! Once the “techni-color yawn” happened, the guys on the boat just left me alone....

Years later, I’ve found I’m OK on a boat moving fast, but not if it’s rocking back and forth at anchor, drifting, or when fishing. I’ve given up on boats..... and roller coasters.

One day, I may try these new pills / patches.

I did 6.5 in the Navy, on subs. I didn’t know going in that I would get seasick. I tried the pill & the patch (but not CBD oil, couldn’t anyway) - but the only thing that worked for me was a clear trash bag! Once the “techni-color yawn” happened, the guys on the boat just left me alone....

Years later, I’ve found I’m OK on a boat moving fast, but not if it’s rocking back and forth at anchor, drifting, or when fishing. I’ve given up on boats..... and roller coasters.

One day, I may try these new pills / patches.
And most bigger boats now have this too. I have never experienced it however I have heard it is magic.

Yeah if it’s really bad I puke and grab another beer. Power through, fighting that first big tuna on a 30 lb rod is worth it....

I got sea sick one time in my life, very odd. Four of us out diving on my buddy's boat and I got over the top sick. My buddy Mike suggested I get in the water for a little bit. It worked like a charm! I hung out in the water for about 10 minutes and got back on the boat and was fine. I have suggested the same to a couple people after that and it also worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom