Decided to build my 4x4 Labs front bumper finally (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I didn't.. but I had my guys do it (race shop). Have always been on the fence between Slee and 4x4Labs, but knew i wanted to be able to modify it a bit. Slee only offers theirs 100% done and powder coated. I like the overall design of the Slee, as the 4x4 Labs unit looks a bit sparse in the front to me. I have the 4x4Labs rear bumper already, so now its rounded out..

Anyway, started on it afer sitting on it since middle of last year. Got a ComeUp 12k sealed slim winch. It's not done yet, but this is the major structure mocked up. Made filler plates for the frame rails. Did the stinger a little different. will make light tabs and add cross bar/recovery points soon.

Next is a dual battery setup, rear drawers, and sliders/skid plates.

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG
IMG_1594.JPG

Looks good, I think it's a great bumper. Mine survived a deer and a head on collision at 50mph.

Really liking the way this looks. 👍

I went with the Slee myself but honestly I could go either way. Both equally great options and obviously this is the way to go if you wanna add on a personal touch during the fabrication process.

Well, I didn't.. but I had my guys do it (race shop). Have always been on the fence between Slee and 4x4Labs, but knew i wanted to be able to modify it a bit. Slee only offers theirs 100% done and powder coated. I like the overall design of the Slee, as the 4x4 Labs unit looks a bit sparse in the front to me. I have the 4x4Labs rear bumper already, so now its rounded out..

Anyway, started on it afer sitting on it since middle of last year. Got a ComeUp 12k sealed slim winch. It's not done yet, but this is the major structure mocked up. Made filler plates for the frame rails. Did the stinger a little different. will make light tabs and add cross bar/recovery points soon.

Next is a dual battery setup, rear drawers, and sliders/skid plates.

View attachment 3272544
View attachment 3272545View attachment 3272546View attachment 3272547
The color of your rig and the raw look of the bumper look good together. You should find someone to apply a durable clear coat on the bumper.

Good work. I like the custom tweaks you’ve added. Looks good !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom