Death Valley Planning - What not to miss thread for the Adventure traveler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Safe travels! Death Valley is one of my favorite places to visit. Lots of cool stuff to see out near Saline Valley and the Saline Valley Hot Springs. With all the rain this year I'm sure all the road conditions have changed a lot since my last trip Spring 2018. Pannamint Valley has 100s of mines you can visit. The military jets like to frequent the valley. Check out Star Wars Canyon.

Mengel Pass is fun near striped butte. Not sure if that was mentioned.
And the camping in the valley there is awesome...

We've been trying to get a trip together for late march but this time around I might make it only as far as the southern sierra. Which is fine.

:)

And the camping in the valley there is awesome...

We've been trying to get a trip together for late march but this time around I might make it only as far as the southern sierra. Which is fine.

take me with you! Where in the Southern Sierras?

take me with you! Where in the Southern Sierras?
No clue. Maybe only as far as Bishop area. Might include some riding at Mammoth.

Thanks for all the input and secret information.

Trip started out great by running Hole in the wall and Echo Canyon. Ended up having a problem (not my 80) that sent us home early. The good part was it happened in a good spot and we had the parts to get us home safely. Now the final fix begins.

Our LCP Jack Adapter at work

Thanks for all the input and secret information.

Trip started out great by running Hole in the wall and Echo Canyon. Ended up having a problem (not my 80) that sent us home early. The good part was it happened in a good spot and we had the parts to get us home safely. Now the final fix begins.

Our LCP Jack Adapter at work

View attachment 1922975
Was Titus Canyon open?

Where did that Knuckle come apart?

Was Titus Canyon open?

It was on Tuesday but another heavy rain closed it and a bunch more trails. You are not able to access the whole NW and west side. :( We were just a little early for all the snow and weather they have had late this year. Will return soon looking forward to running all the cool trails on the west side.

If your plans are to run trails like Steel Pass, Pleasant Canyon, and Mengal pass I would love the invite and join you.

If you like snow and mud go over Hunter
Mountain! On Saturday it was a real fun mud fest!!

Just back from a last minute mini-trip to DV.
Steel Pass easy and no hard spots.
Saline was too hot to stay
Lippencott is challenging in spots-definite water damage this winter but no washouts
White Top was cool and windless for a change.
Hunter is open and surprisingly dry.
The first waterfall in Goler is difficult for a change-saw Jeep carnage, a nice HJ62 high roof break a birf (unconfirmed), a very nice moto dumped (KTM 1290). THe 62 was not with us, just there supporting a motorcycle group of 4. Nice folks.
Mengle Pass was standard condition
Good flower display in lower Warm Springs Canyon and up by Crankshaft
The washboard on the North DV road to Crankshaft is wearing and the north end of the park is deserted. Not sure why.
Took my LCP jack adapter and because of that, I didn't need it.

Nice “mini-trip” haha. You covered a lot of ground!

Just back from a last minute mini-trip to DV.
Steel Pass easy and no hard spots.
Saline was too hot to stay
Lippencott is challenging in spots-definite water damage this winter but no washouts
White Top was cool and windless for a change.
Hunter is open and surprisingly dry.
The first waterfall in Goler is difficult for a change-saw Jeep carnage, a nice HJ62 high roof break a birf (unconfirmed), a very nice moto dumped (KTM 1290). THe 62 was not with us, just there supporting a motorcycle group of 4. Nice folks.
Mengle Pass was standard condition
Good flower display in lower Warm Springs Canyon and up by Crankshaft
The washboard on the North DV road to Crankshaft is wearing and the north end of the park is deserted. Not sure why.
Took my LCP jack adapter and because of that, I didn't need it.
I need one of those jack adapters too, so I won’t need it. I did a quick trip late March. I jetted down to eureka dunes, camped somewhere over Steel Pass, there was snow... found the “actual” marble bath, camped at the springs a couple nights, organized a petroglyph hike with a few random old naked dudes, exited on north pass, camped outside bishop, checked out chalfant valley and some of the cool canyons and petroglyphs around there. Farted around the backroads east of mono lake, got stuck, had to use my hi-lift (as a traction device :lol: ) good times.

:lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom