Dealer forgot to replace oil? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, here’s the update:
* It did have oil, albeit low considering it was changed a week earlier. No detected leaks.
* coolant was also a tad low, but I hadn’t checked that in a while, so unsure.
* normal cold start exhaust, and we didn’t get the same burning smell - or cloud — this time, so we couldn’t reproduce the issues that caused alarm. Could smell some coolant, but it went away after a bit of driving.

all we could think is that the change loosened up some gunk, and the three-day sit and then start combusted it, though we did another start the next day and got same.

not sure what to think except to watch it, otherwise we only topped the oil and coolant. At 80k, head gasket should be fine for a while …

I

How much oil was drained ? (Before they topped it off)

Ok, here’s the update:
* It did have oil, albeit low considering it was changed a week earlier. No detected leaks.
* coolant was also a tad low, but I hadn’t checked that in a while, so unsure.
* normal cold start exhaust, and we didn’t get the same burning smell - or cloud — this time, so we couldn’t reproduce the issues that caused alarm. Could smell some coolant, but it went away after a bit of driving.

all we could think is that the change loosened up some gunk, and the three-day sit and then start combusted it, though we did another start the next day and got same.

not sure what to think except to watch it, otherwise we only topped the oil and coolant. At 80k, head gasket should be fine for a while …

I
How low?

With sales of the Land Cruiser being of such low volume, is selecting a dealership for routine maintenance an issue? I am a new owner of an LC200, any recommendations on Toyota dealership service centers in the Seattle/Redmond area?

The forums have identified independent shops (Torfab, Pacific Rim, Auburn Auto Repair and Offroad), but I would like to take advantage of the ToyotaCare maintenance plan while it is still free.
Lock your glove box and keep the key blade with you -any- time your truck goes in for maintenance. This will avoid a broken recirculate door in the AC. Happens a lot.

I’d rather do my own maintenance or go to an Indy than suffer the risks of free crappy dealer service.

I learned that after 2 "free" oil changes. I'd rather do it myself than have the local dealer do it for free. They clearly need to stick to Carollas and Tacomas.

WP_20150707_005.jpg

Courtesy one of Colorado's largest dealers.

In the OP's case, what is the dealer offering to do or recommending after underfilling with oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom