Dealer Confirmed...Discontinued after 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As suspected...

My dealer just emailed me and said that they will be discontinuing the LC in the USA after 2021.

Anyone else had this confirmed yet?

That looks to be international news, perhaps? With the entire Cruiser being axed in the USA after 2021...

Last edited:
I would not believe anything a car dealer told me. They are professionals at deception and may be doing so on the LC to help you decide to purchase one before "they are all gone".

Old joke -
Q: How do you know a car salesman is lying?
A: Their mouth is moving.

I believe the 200 is end of life in the US, since a person whose opinion I respect told us (Eric Sarjeant). The salespeople I've tried to deal with in northern New England don't know a Land Cruiser from a Highlander. I had one Lexus dealer tell me the GX460 is the same thing as a Land Cruiser 200, and when I said that I thought that the LX570 was probably closer told me I was wrong.

Last edited:
Old joke -
Q: How do you know a car salesman is lying?
A: Their mouth is moving.

I believe the 200 is end of life in the US, since a person whose opinion I respect told us (Eric Sarjeant). The salespeople I've tried to deal with in northern New England don't know a Land Cruiser from a Highlander. I had one Lexus dealer tell me the GX460 is the same thing as a Land Cruiser 200, and when I said that I thought that the LX570 was probably closer told me I was wrong.
It’s sad but true how often a car salesman can know so little about the vehicles on their lot, especially the brand specific dealers. I visited a Land Rover dealer to see the new defender (talk about dodging bullets) before ordering a 200 series. The questions I asked weren’t terribly specific, things like towing amounts and the different powertrains. After several complete mistakes he finally said “I don’t know why you keep asking me questions, you clearly know more about this vehicle than I do”... I had spent about half an hour of research before seeing this vehicle in person, how do they sell cars with so little knowledge is beyond me.

Lock em in

IMG_9233.jpg

That’s true in most sales positions. Why would they spend the time and energy to learn if most customers don’t ask or don’t care?

Generally the higher the price, the less salesmen know or care because product sells themselves. Most Rolex buyers don’t care about water resistance or power reserve. They care about the crown, and salesmen know it.

That’s true up to a certain price point. Most Patek salesmen are completely tactful and polished. Or in specialized markets like antique Persian rugs.

Not saying it’s the right way. But it works for themand they know it.

It’s sad but true how often a car salesman can know so little about the vehicles on their lot, especially the brand specific dealers. I visited a Land Rover dealer to see the new defender (talk about dodging bullets) before ordering a 200 series. The questions I asked weren’t terribly specific, things like towing amounts and the different powertrains. After several complete mistakes he finally said “I don’t know why you keep asking me questions, you clearly know more about this vehicle than I do”... I had spent about half an hour of research before seeing this vehicle in person, how do they sell cars with so little knowledge is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom