Dash sensor - Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The previous owner did a number on the dash (big hole in it) which caused me to undertake a dash replacement. I took the previous dash out and started transferring items to the new dash. On the last screw, I rolled the dash over ONTO A SCREW and popped a hole in it. So....tomorrow I will be hunting a shop that can repair the replacement dash.

Onto the topic for today. The new dash has a red sensor on it at the passenger side. Anyone know what this is? The old dash didn't have that. Also, there is a wire taped against the vehicle that may or may not go into that sensor. Any thoughts?

tempImageTtmuuH.png
tempImageTRNj7j.png

The previous owner did a number on the dash (big hole in it) which caused me to undertake a dash replacement. I took the previous dash out and started transferring items to the new dash. On the last screw, I rolled the dash over ONTO A SCREW and popped a hole in it. So....tomorrow I will be hunting a shop that can repair the replacement dash.

Onto the topic for today. The new dash has a red sensor on it at the passenger side. Anyone know what this is? The old dash didn't have that. Also, there is a wire taped against the vehicle that may or may not go into that sensor. Any thoughts?

View attachment 2586765View attachment 2586766
If the dash came out of a Lexus, it could be a daylight sensor for automatic headlights, but that's just a guess.

Otherwise, part of an aftermarket alarm system.

Or it could be part of the HVAC automatic temp control system to measure sun load.

If it wasn't on your original dash I would worry about it.

My LX450 has the same black round sensor in the same location. I had thought that it was part of the RS3000 alarm system, but that seems wrong now.
LX450s don't have auto headlights, but they did have a mobile phone option and that would have been a decent place for an antenna.

Or it could be part of the HVAC automatic temp control system to measure sun load.
And we have a winner.
Called the AC SOLAR SENSOR. Part of the LX450 auto air conditioning control.
It's a good day when you learn something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom