Dash out to replace blumbs, Help please... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so I finally got around to fixing the blown bulbs on the dash. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to remove the dash again.....

It was tedious but not too bad, when I get to the gauge cluster I find that a few blub carriers are missing and a few are holes are covered with tape. Can anyone tell me if these are supposed to be missing? It was obvious that I wasn't the 1st in the dash as a lot of screws were missing or replaced with odd sizes and even a bolt or two.

Also my ABS light is on full time and I'm not sure if I screwed something up or if I need to get that checked and my AC/Heat controls still aren't fully lit??? Also I still dont have a check engine light which is probably one of the missing ones.

It's a 1994 no front or rear lockers. And below is a pic of the back of the gauge cluster

20200524_150705.jpg

Also just realized that my center dif lock switch isn't illuminating on the dash when its pressed. I can hear a slight click but no light to tell me it on.. it was working before so this isn't making sense to me

Does your rig have front and rear lockers?

It is not uncommon for the factory to tape over fixtures that are not used

Does your rig have front and rear lockers?

No front or rear lockers, I added the CDL switch a while bach for the center. Before doing this when I pushed the CDL switch it would indicate on my dash. Now it doesn't so I'm confused. Maybe I didn't get a good connection with the new bulb or maybe it missed something. I still don't understand why it has all of the sudden triggered my ABS light to be constant.

your also missing you check engine light, if your using leds try to reinstall the bulbs 180 out as they may not work due to incorrect polarity

My guess is the two missing together are the locker indicators and the single is the air filter "time to change" indicator.

your also missing you check engine light, if your using leds try to reinstall the bulbs 180 out as they may not work due to incorrect polarity

Funny thing about the Check engine light..... this is what started this whole thing. I've never had that light so that's one reason for the post, can someone tell me if one of the missing bulb carriers is for that light?

These aren't LED lights

My guess is the two missing together are the locker indicators and the single is the air filter "time to change" indicator.
I thought the taped ones would be lockers since I dont have front or rear? I guess I could just source new carriers and have them all filled

But still cant figure out why the constant ABS light?

Anyone know where I can source some bulb carriers or whatever they are called to fill the missing spots??

Anyone know where I can source some bulb carriers or whatever they are called to fill the missing spots??

dealership can get them, or their pretty much all the same for most Toyotas if you go to a pick and pull. you should be able to figure out where it is by shining a light on the front of the combo meter and looking where the lights are. I thknk that the mil should be under the tach. the circuits are printed on the plastic sheet and it can be difficult to get good contact with the sockets after removing and reinstalling. no leds, no issues with polarity

Want to figure out what lights are missing.... Just shine a flashlight through the holes and see what lights up on the front side in the row of idiot lights.
You beat me to it.

Damn, I'm an idiot.......

So any suggestions on why the ABS is staying lit?

And why when I push my CDL button nothing lights up??

Flashlight and a dark garage and im pretty uncomfortable with not having all the blanks filled.

Still can't figure out why the ABS is illuminating and the center Dif lights isn't coming on with the switch or when I shift into low

Doesn't the ABS light come on when you lock the center diff? If you haven't moved the cruiser and it is still engaged I would thing ABS is still going to be disabled. But if you read my other posts you might see I don't always know what I am talking about.

Can you check that the what the center diff is doing under the vehicle?

Flashlight and a dark garage and im pretty uncomfortable with not having all the blanks filled.

Still can't figure out why the ABS is illuminating and the center Dif lights isn't coming on with the switch or when I shift into low
Are you confident the bulb is any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom