Damm Leaky A pillars !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My A pillars are leaking. The back story is to this was 20 years ago I had my first roof rack (Con-Fre square tubing) ripped off by a tree. Damm mean tree. The reapair was done at the local Toyota dealership. The repair shop chopped the old roof off of the cruiser and found a junkyard donor roof. That roof was weld back into the original place. Not how I wanted the roof fixed but, it was done without telling me ALL the pros and cons.

IMG_0136.JPG

Now 20 years later I have run a bore scope up the A pillar and you can see that the water from the rain and the snow is coming in through the cracks in the bono.

IMG_0135.JPG

But, that's the local stealership for ya. Back to the topic at hand. I have a co-work that is handy in light fabrication about 15 miles down the highway. In preparation of the A pillar repairs I, need to gently pull back the headliner on the A pillar and sand down the bono crap. So I asking the A pillars and body repair men how to do that without tearing up the headliner?

You're gunna need t pull the door trims, seat belt pivots, and either let it hang by the windshield, or pull the windshield. Unless you wanna risk cutting it and trying to glue it back in place, but that's gambling pretty big...

Headliners are the suk!

But, if it is any consolation, the A-pillars leak (after twentyfive years) without any redo of the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom