CW 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You want to be slightly retarded. 🤣

I know, sounds funny but that’s what I’ve read on the interwebs for boosted diesel.

Meh. It’s all witchcraft to me.

Wasn’t that part of the twisted nipple thread in Swedish that you sent me the link for?

I also need to mount pyro/boost before monkeying around with fuel/timing on troopy.

You want to be slightly retarded. 🤣

I know, sounds funny but that’s what I’ve read on the interwebs for boosted diesel.

Meh. It’s all witchcraft to me.

Wasn’t that part of the twisted nipple thread in Swedish that you sent me the link for?

I also need to mount pyro/boost before monkeying around with fuel/timing on troopy.
I spread the love, and let the truck bask in some more retard. I usually have some to spare🤨

Just brought it back to the hash mark on the pump, didn't dig out the fuel line piece I have to do a proper check. I suspect a lot of this is more critical if you're going crazy with boost and less so if you're only doing 10 or less, but it can't hurt.

I'll be curious to see what my temps are actually at. Cedar roads are pretty flat so you can't really tell without driving like an a******.

I spread the love, and let the truck bask in some more retard. I usually have some to spare🤨

Just brought it back to the hash mark on the pump, didn't dig out the fuel line piece I have to do a proper check. I suspect a lot of this is more critical if you're going crazy with boost and less so if you're only doing 10 or less, but it can't hurt.

I'll be curious to see what my temps are actually at. Cedar roads are pretty flat so you can't really tell without driving like an a******.
I have an old autometer pyrometer but it doesn't sit at zero, not sure if you want to rig that up for now. Might read slightly high but better than slightly low. Also have a k style thermocouple... Your welcome to borrow.

I have an old autometer pyrometer but it doesn't sit at zero, not sure if you want to rig that up for now. Might read slightly high but better than slightly low. Also have a k style thermocouple... Your welcome to borrow.
Thanks man, but I'm all good. I could have done a temporary thing with another gauge, but I ordered an auber pyro last weekend.

Should be here Friday, and I'm back at work Friday so it'll have to wait a few days.

early next week you might hear someone driving like an as$hole and whistling like a drunk on whore street....🤣

Thanks man, but I'm all good. I could have done a temporary thing with another gauge, but I ordered an auber pyro last weekend.

Should be here Friday, and I'm back at work Friday so it'll have to wait a few days.

early next week you might hear someone driving like an as$hole and whistling like a drunk on whore street....🤣
Don't disappoint me! You'll sound like most people driving in Cedar. Do something to match those burn outs in front of your house. I think I head to work Tuesday so hurry up

Don't disappoint me! You'll sound like most people driving in Cedar. Do something to match those burn outs in front of your house. I think I head to work Tuesday so hurry up
I keep hoping one of those idiots will lose it and go into the pond.

So far I've only see the one dip**** on a Harley who tipped his bike over and needed his friend to get it off him.
That was fun, might have taken me a while to notice if his friend hadn't been there...and then it would have been, " sorry, bad back. I'll call 911 for you tho." :lol:

Been a quite a few years since I seen you on Mud Mark, good to see you back.

Well, turns out the pyro is getting delivered today...

But it's my last day of vacation, so there's a couple fine lines between whether it shows up early enough to install, and still sober enough for a test drive :lol:

Also, those autometer pyros sometimes sit at 200 or so until they're hooked up to 12v, so if that's what it's doing yours might be fine.

Well, it showed up theoretically early enough, but it's kindof a putter and listen to tunes with a beer kinda day...so no test burns :lol:

Initially I was thinking the cover would flip down like the original ash tray, but now I'm thinking I'll just put the cover on permanently. Dims the numbers and the gauge will disappear when the truck is off.
PXL_20230622_232515082.jpg

PXL_20230622_232505434.jpg

Read somewhere you can glue acrylic with acetone, does actually seem to work pretty well.

That's about as far as I'll go today. Maybe an idea on how to elegantly hinge the cover will come to me at work over the next few days.

So far gluing in strong magnets are the best I've got as far as ideas go.

But it's my last day of vacation, so there's a couple fine lines between whether it shows up early enough to install, and still sober enough for a test drive :lol:

Also, those autometer pyros sometimes sit at 200 or so until they're hooked up to 12v, so if that's what it's doing yours might be fine.
I keep hoping one of those idiots will lose it and go into the pond.

So far I've only see the one dips*** on a Harley who tipped his bike over and needed his friend to get it off him.
That was fun, might have taken me a while to notice if his friend hadn't been there...and then it would have been, " sorry, bad back. I'll call 911 for you tho."
Haha ya no kidding
Been a quite a few years since I seen you on Mud Mark, good to see you back.
Thanks, it's been a while, glad to see lots of familiar faces on here still.

Thanks, good to know. Was given to me and I've never used it.

Got the pyro installed, I think I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

Red alarm light is bright AF so pretty hard to miss. It was factory set at 900f and I could just about get it to go off in second, bumped it up to 1100, and I really have to try to get it to go off. In cedar it was hard to do, only managed it once, and Mel's knuckles were getting a little pale :hillbilly:

Maxes out at 8-9psi, and that's one full turn of the fuel screw, I'll want to see how it does on the highway before go any further.

I've tightened up the waste gate arm a ton, maybe that's all that actuator is good for...might wire it shut and see if that's why it's only 8-9, or maybe another half turn of the fuel screw...once I know I'm not setting off the red light on every gentle hill on the highway :lol:

Either way, boost seems to come on fairly quickly ( no tach ) and it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive. So if that's the max boost I ever see, good enough.

Sorta looks like the stock ashtray...

AJFCJaUFzJcM-Qzg8AI3zV6lV7qXwyT7qOE_bm9_SdGb4H06yR1ldHB5TX3pkAREj9B6WgY1kA6pKU1BJIxH-hidkS2mmeu8Je55FROr7o2XDHi4BZXNCLu5LpWoLHqHj5dwxZTh9hsLRp6JXJD1SGL41JgU2HUU1vEg_bSzlm8HFQ7zOUHvA-GInMJDsZzWw-Q21PAaF_Lh403NZr9xe-LWHHSpCzK6FZB3nHrVNfEqdWQmSx74SNrrMhAffIN2VQUMWiQUUuGTVlxC1kPILYMk71xiL_if1jklIKyGR984MENFghP3ZASqvUsqwRBQuuvMR-kzcTjlwJwy0zeV56VtpA9PStfG-cXOsY7mDjpfILBdXAYz0AUSrJ99bvQiEqrVRh-fnwdWNsVRdt18Ht2HFqXbJ5bMpwbnpVoAuyj-zxfIJEE_7NDCr1X1evyN_05kqyG3YeqasYRNGOkk8hTJJBhON9Lxg8MuWwlLBCquzQwAnEa9vhaeXyumMG-2wol8oJ_6M91aeT3IMYybNPlmAxxcl7ht7I15jPMmMMAdZDazwbCw8me5i49AWRFYo-R7rQCgNdeSmyfyNtlQ3RshoymDgiwZ2282BGFz7cojagA7Yq13TT0p0G8MPyU0JifqC9DAFHUxSBp5UR3hne5ZyagMht3PeVNwtnSyavWANdJ5lHOLVy0Lj476h69oTYr7tfZtH7dOrqSuItrgDzTkx8x290ADNc-HxcB4vH3iUpwzUs4DWsIZn_IGdMWa75ozyUzLECfmG-DkNNra9E4G7EC3IIgnol1sV8TG5XKB1mLjcynxPepX1imuq-2j1nCumKgv6UaQVJeXiJz8iv-vtaAm7zgMmIIaa5yZr86rWkY4tlrWEsPZhmLuC5VxGYOS9HRKrNTVeLtw01Q1BwuC6hN9pYs=w1249-h937-s-no

AJFCJaVibXOvPuRmL-DfcUV-cot6KzpXgVd2cv_QIUILvpUT_WjkLLNGWRbwCnBdjY8cQHxcgdKZ-Um553Mpr2dElXGeqoDofjoubIBYxuRdYqYesgUQMsT_YoI163fEFdA5vP4Kx5H3m3csiW1fFM9Y4rF22xWWhH3XJY8Qfz8-46fIjPG_pqo0eYGHBGaLi0Aq9UcukkjjtHqyiZUTerCMyr6oQhsVaVcYC8qgpKrh87OLw71L7kgZq9e21VPsyPcIU5N1lSTQ22tOIec_HdyHnXx9slhYtK6Wa8fQUNRbwPP7YXYNk9b9JlyUQWa11TNi5waTA5SeeBfpEYiNqKnN8NlJNhWuC1HnJZYrOf6yU5sJQSiBOAhxvtaupm6-RG9VFAJ8z7dg81adSnmeSv9I7mk3cGGubc70YofWYwY7E4lkROq6IaQwiFc1uqOfp-JpXqFQiWv9HA5qJcfQ89zeVPVIOY97r0AKL5tmDJJgm_M-TjrhytmYt_Sw7Q8hf4cag0q_VGLmod_M_mn01d-5UKLzGJipqlSZu9JcH6S06S_l65a3mE8EbNTdM-Zu38GHtTFoCx46_XaDwMnFogiKAxSyrcEzZxghEayDTgRIY13Gv6ZzDSH8m7MeQZ_vcTF5owMsp-mcgKBZDAwAKYbN8fBOP1kKjukJqf-K6WCVg2btBASYA76rOknwBN7kdsRpTvmFZP9HwvmCjR2NZMKi1N8lQ5wRGtuzbf4hUCkTZuFHQtoLI5vR0eAZ_6OmpOR8acCZrDNGy_aVnuEKVrX3IN_igvyTD3tD8ImufViuDQ9Ypjx-HrqqBNe8MDUOkeC5IVTML09XUy4uWwiFEQkIOMfRbD7pIM7KsyVUTKbiSLMy5w4149gHp5r772lGZhsHh-vQfF0e5SD-7V47QeNnj4-V1NI=w1249-h937-s-no

Opted for the magnets and a retainer string because it was easy. Snaps on pretty hard, so I don't think it'll come off on a bump. We'll see.

AJFCJaWJ1RixXg3F5NezZpXHhKGSj-OxEfMhnFLRBd9funI226gruq46G6HqR7H1R-fV_C6czgQxWRaE5Zvnhw91Y8SkfXo81R_5ZXxZwyqTD8dCC-l1MVFr8H_U9b0hpM8FR34DqMPTVDGWRNpddIzkMkm4DEz_GyO69xZ_UmA_YAEeZfjPzMe7pGDejgBunzbYkrK2ZDH2ZqVqj9iRZGh8HyN4Bajr_alZ5XylIljaXAr0V6FDRwuuMFK5tQciC0FNRSlZOY6j-ITN6jW5OZ80wKEnaCS14j4PcNaDkP1vYpxlpTFbpRlb8V-takyVvaqmVEWh3IkPbl7_H7iMLNhT5eK6kFzRhXh2dLdJfjOTSZnYXn-K0gL35oqk3ncDvwi_aYzqpcNZvzHduX2MCwE3EQHwfktOu13dF4C7dbKp9sKS34tIiyydRW4GiU7hgFjwgAvomDptlWKUZio025tJIk2X3Y-orsLuW1GWKwQVDMqYZXr7gbuW_5ebLQu_0QInFvkBDCHmLvceTLJMpggFY9o7rjlooUXqaeCAgfnbepjtlI1mvGpf_PpcqEVk_ey6YPoIHM97g_u84uBhMtXcBBr6EukM6VoYegKlXGntM5ZFReVOUWT2-LUBralPDt0Bc4KRNpKoR3RNN9VyrWVVUQ57CcoBwqdqKfyTaE-IVY0esh4-eGLtP4RxAWJp8wKK8LMWmDMoOoNPQD8TdVs3GfkAUDQuGSfIY2GsvawFP-3E7JkhazE2P6o0Vcx_r_hv9xtna-CSAsltyLWqnDpNdjbttX81ZE1sI3qrg_pabJibYrkV26uOHQReAzxG5fYtWmVtknmiOVdO_RoggB7r0qQI7L5FHTkX-a0ne_yTcyw6k7daWI51EdPkpuixpFEBpUTU4cWer86r1fjJAZ8snAXgrlM=w1249-h937-s-no

Bright ass little LED somewhere I could see it. ( was already a hole there for some reason)

AJFCJaVZiJau62tQPA_IyB1S7k6F9OD_pkFmYH475bXlKhdCxokcvSOduJr9gY88wtkAcoLxnB1N3VVdndIpjUFT_-_QkN1CVJ3vcqAU1RxauKbY5WctlUBVXJPp5J_L6UPNbT1PIFmj7L2FiPDW180q7W9bmdZ-diBtNdAZG19dpWDw68gJl5RkLQkFBYAgZuBP8KaLnBMWe0CJeFR2AZXW1vCQMavFyay1C4QfwW2tKpx04nbCtwRWZjEXpOMSTZz3G9s8VO0mH6sE5Z9_5wSZUeZUBIxWRl0h_3Vod6yJZgSgIhBrafiTNoM77Z7A2xN-3vve8t1-xNLuXCmJjoTjbK41vnPrnydCZGIWLZhO592GaInTbCNkfkHahHcrYWdxJQo1aVy4PJHEKVli0W831qRbhOAKQWcts8IhHnVuLTh47JP3WnwNUy-0O_ghvQIEY_s4LL5Se53YUs347ZB8x8xvpOTn9iTHKagH9eN2mbD_FHcKe-XdsHXJ5EVN1aI_ayy5b5XQ0hjBOxT3VHSMKgN1E6cuG8Ndm-IZxfpRgTTyKTzDCOsVFEFi--bj0uvzquqV5PrGcf3ZTzEqymUx2uVl7zcwvD3xS_etoGPx8Qqe64cra51GXF6oXBf-a1-fR8ZP_cmc3QjHfi5NYP8PPXux5FxE9D4Z2qu3nDEUOt8_37IJFdy4JOetFQ8JluUsyrd0sREovWusdGYyKp4dqpxrZpmOwRyUdlDu9g_unpzKE8TvHZyuQEfPq8gY5CoT_jWbQklUHRrEatn3R8c3xZAwL_2fH3wVGzPfviVzgLK6_fG3vgnf2S82v3QDNiOQKf4kh9Vupj4AfS8l6Y19SuvnohCDdCF6ITui-aRt7KvRlaLGD7dk8jRsHBAVyP5TfzX4b2JidEO5mCPgXGYVHSFLTOs=w1249-h937-s-no

Yeah! wire that waste gate shut, black out the speedo and drive at 1350F on the pyro!

Common!

View attachment 3357668
Haha, just as a test to see if my actuator is doing what it supposed to. If the boost spikes, I'll know right away.

I'll do all these tests then go back to driving like a grampa, and leave the hotrodding to you young Langford punks :lol:

Did a little nipple twisting experiment. I think it made the bottom end snappier. The guys who swear by this run considerably higher boost, and maybe it's more noticeable at those pressures, but I've only put maybe 100kms on the turbo so far, so I'm not exactly used to the way it drives yet. I'll probably do a highway burn today. Good excuse to check on the parents.

As I understand it, you're easing off the back pressure on the diaphragm so it can move more easily. That's probably dumbing it down a ton, but the threads I've seen on it are either vague or vague and poorly translated.
Some go as far as to put a small prv in the line, but I don't think I'll bother.

There's more room for rotation if you twist it towards the firewall, but then you're into finding a longer hose. One account of it, he moved it to 90 degrees from stock initially, then pulled it back to 75ish. I don't think I'm far from that.

Stock

PXL_20230628_210124823.jpg

Rotated
PXL_20230628_210716367.jpg

That's as far as it goes this way. Hose is close to fuel lines, not actually touching, but if I leave it like this for any time I'll put a chafe guard around it.

IMG_20230628_142338_01.jpg

That’s some good R&D.

Good on ya, oceanic and tuberous one. 👍
Haha, I think it made a difference?

Truck is a bit ****ing mental right now compared to a week ago. First gear can be a bit intense 😁

Flying up hills in 4th I could barely hold 3rd on before.

Drive to chemainus and back yesterday, attempted to drive "normally" and no signs of the big red light, so I think I'll leave it as it is.

I'm hoping the red light makes it somewhat wife proof...if she takes it to work, she has college hill en route.

Light is hard to miss, so it should do its job of scaring the s*** out of her. :lol:

Don't you love it when Toyota doesn't change s*** for decades?

12v 70 series fuel sender vs 1970's fj40.

PXL_20230630_171420921.jpg

PXL_20230630_175651239.jpg

Same bolt pattern, and the float arm will snap out of one into the other.

Different resistance value at full made the needle on my gauge go so high it just about disappeared off the screen. Was worried it'd kill the gauge...and I was never that sure where empty was.

Minor annoyance I finally remembered to deal with when I found the 40 sender the other day.

Forgot I had it. :lol:

Put hose clamps on that vacuum line to the throttle body because if it falls of your trucks gains about 100 hp and runs away. It happened to me twice before i bought the 75 cent hose clamps. Scary. Good thing just shutting the key off killed the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom