Custom Axle Shafts (Where to buy now?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got off the phone with Trail Gear. They are not providing custom length axle shafts like Longfield did.
Being in the middle of a lengthy project I and am feeling that I may be stuck if I can't find another supplier of custom shafts.

What I need is a custom length FJ80 FRONT axle shaft as follows: Rear full float e-locker spline on the inboard end and a standard 80 birf with seal surface on the outer end.
Please tell me there are options. Otherwise I'll have to get a local machine shop custom fabricate one at $$$$$.

Options:
Local Machine Shop
Longfield / Trail Gear - Not anymore...

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Another vote for RCV

Apparently they made 30 spline axles and birfields for Bobby Long? I just got a set from a Pirate 4x4 vendor Davezoffroad. Pretty good price but had to wait a month because of 1) custom length inner short side axle 2) KOH. hope that helps

Try Strange Engineering.
http://www.strangeengineering.net/

They made custom axles for me when others couldn't/wouldn't.
Tell them GM 30 spline, it's talking their language.

Keep your eye out we are working with Diamond axle to have the ability to custom cut 30 spline yoda axles!
Now that bobbly is ...:(

Justin

The RCV are actually cheaper than the trail gear(sad to say that). Personally I haven't used them, but if the rock bouncers boys beat em that hard in sure they will hold up. Plus no question asked warranty.

Try these folks, too. They built the short side for my extended FJ60 front axle and did a nice job for a fair price. They came recommended from Ruff Stuff. :clap:

http://www.performancecryogenics.com/

Last edited:
I was unaware that there are so many options. Great to have them all listed in one spot. I can't see the longfield product doing too well at trail gear as they have dropped a good portion of the product line and as I understand it, have 'adjusted' the warranty. For me the convenience was in the one stop shopping that Bobby offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom