CSC Random picture thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully not in bad taste but I chuckled... :lol:

FB_IMG_1591245737154.jpg

To help the 80 last longer, I've parked it during the week and bought a gas efficient commuter. A 1999 Rav4 with a manual 5 spd which is fun to zip around in. of course I've made some modifications as I cant help myself...the body and interior are super clean for the age. Ive always liked the funky styling of this first gen and my wife says it looks like mini-me of my 80 series.

the gas savings from having to run premium in the 80 and getting more than double the mpg helps offset the cost a little.

R2.jpg
R1.jpg
R4.jpg

To help the 80 last longer, I've parked it during the week and bought a gas efficient commuter. A 1999 Rav4 with a manual 5 spd which is fun to zip around in. of course I've made some modifications as I cant help myself...the body and interior are super clean for the age. Ive always liked the funky styling of this first gen and my wife says it looks like mini-me of my 80 series.

the gas savings from having to run premium in the 80 and getting more than double the mpg helps offset the cost a little.

View attachment 2419554View attachment 2419555View attachment 2419557
Pretty cool alternative to the 80, no reason to put the miles on that when you can drive this! My mom had one of these in manual as her dd for years, it was a great little vehicle... Now I'm wondering why she ever gave it up:hmm:

Congrats!

Is that thing 4wd? I didn't see a tcase shifter or anything.

Is that thing 4wd? I didn't see a tcase shifter or anything.

lol, its not a 4x4 , even if it was I dont think it get very far on trail runs ;)

with the Vid around and not much to do, I have been hiking every weekend - I start in the dark with the dog and been going to the McDowell mountain reserve near Thompson peak. My favorite trail is the Gateway loop @ about 5 miles total and decent elevation change. with the Gym closed Ive become addicted to the hikes. the dog is worse than me: she whimpers with excitement when she sees I have my shorts on instead of my work slacks. depending on the trail we do 5-8 miles every Sunday and also on the Saturdays Im off.

I see deer in the area - We scared up a big buck on the Desert Parks loop 2 weekends ago. (not the doe in the picture)
hike.jpg
hike5.jpg
hike3.jpg
hike2.jpg

Paint the bottom cladding voodoo blue, and call it the sMurf-mobile!

Smart move on the commuter! Foolishly, my commuter is a V8 Tundra. Bad on fuel, good on hauling 80's on a trailer!

with the Vid around and not much to do, I have been hiking every weekend - I start in the dark with the dog and been going to the McDowell mountain reserve near Thompson peak. My favorite trail is the Gateway loop @ about 5 miles total and decent elevation change. with the Gym closed Ive become addicted to the hikes. the dog is worse than me: she whimpers with excitement when she sees I have my shorts on instead of my work slacks. depending on the trail we do 5-8 miles every Sunday and also on the Saturdays Im off.

I see deer in the area - We scared up a big buck on the Desert Parks loop 2 weekends ago. (not the doe in the picture)View attachment 2419641View attachment 2419642View attachment 2419643View attachment 2419644
That's an impressive shot of that dingo.

Congrats! Very sharp looking. What year and how many miles?

I see deer in the area - We scared up a big buck on the Desert Parks loop 2 weekends ago. (not the doe in the picture)View attachment 2419641View attachment 2419642View attachment 2419643View attachment 2419644

Does walking to the end of the deck count as getting exercise? These four elk have been hanging around for a while. A cow and her calf from this year.
IMG_20200829_124241702_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200829_124820887_HDR.jpg

Then these two young bulls.
IMG_20200829_125744787_HDR.jpg

Congrats! Very sharp looking. What year and how many miles?
1999 167K

I got the wheels w/ new tires off of a 2010 Rav4 sport to update it a little

I see deer in the area - We scared up a big buck on the Desert Parks loop 2 weekends ago. (not the doe in the picture)

one of the best trails in the metro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom