CSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Toyota Century (JDM only built for the very wealthy and the Japanese Royal Family) has this feature. Of course, right?

Yes, but you don't have to be super wealthy to own Toyota Century now.

Yes, but you don't have to be super wealthy to own Toyota Century now.

And the 1997+ models have V-12 😁😳 engines...

LATEST FROM TOYOTA INTERNAL MEMO

Good Morning Denver Region!
Great news for A70 & A80 Supra owners!
Toyota will announce today that they will begin production of a limited number of discontinued Supra parts for the above mentioned models under the GR Heritage Parts name. These parts will be genuine Toyota Parts, the same as the originals and provide support for these popular vehicles.
All reproduced GR Heritage parts will be sold at Toyota dealers, the same as other Genuine Toyota parts. An announcement on the timing of availability will be made later in 2020.
The A70 (1986-1992) and A80 (1993-1998) Supra has a loyal following in the aftermarket and the addition of GR Heritage Parts will be a welcome addition to the family.

hmmmm. maybe later get into Fj parts? I remember Nissan got really into this back in the early 90s (I think) by purchasing and remanufacturing 240Zs. Price was about $25K (I wish they would do that with 510s). I heard they are again dabbling with Heritage Parts for the Silvias and 90s Skylines due to the ability to import the cars and the amount of SR20 series engines over here.

It is nice to see manufacturers support older classic vehicles as they made them what they are today.

LATEST FROM TOYOTA INTERNAL MEMO

Good Morning Denver Region!
Great news for A70 & A80 Supra owners!
Toyota will announce today that they will begin production of a limited number of discontinued Supra parts for the above mentioned models under the GR Heritage Parts name. These parts will be genuine Toyota Parts, the same as the originals and provide support for these popular vehicles.
All reproduced GR Heritage parts will be sold at Toyota dealers, the same as other Genuine Toyota parts. An announcement on the timing of availability will be made later in 2020.
The A70 (1986-1992) and A80 (1993-1998) Supra has a loyal following in the aftermarket and the addition of GR Heritage Parts will be a welcome addition to the family.

hmmmm. maybe later get into Fj parts? I remember Nissan got really into this back in the early 90s (I think) by purchasing and remanufacturing 240Zs. Price was about $25K (I wish they would do that with 510s). I heard they are again dabbling with Heritage Parts for the Silvias and 90s Skylines due to the ability to import the cars and the amount of SR20 series engines over here.

It is nice to see manufacturers support older classic vehicles as they made them what they are today.
Thanks for sharing this information Eric. That's a good sign and certainly represents the loyalty and support that Toyota has for it's former older vehicle models. It would be incredible if they did this for some of the older Land Cruiser series.

Thanks for sharing this information Eric. That's a good sign and certainly represents the loyalty and support that Toyota has for it's former older vehicle models. It would be incredible if they did this for some of the older Land Cruiser series.

This is incredible! OK Toyota, see all those 79-83 pickups and 84-89 pickups and 4Runners? Hint hint nudge nudge.

This IS great news! Yes, how about the first gen 4Runner and of course our older, much loved Landcruisers!

What are people paying for gas around the state? Thought Phoenix area was usually the cheapest but hasn't been the case lately. Here is what I paid today in Winslow.
IMG_20200113_153132756.jpg

Heard Tucson area is even cheaper than this.

What are people paying for gas around the state? Thought Phoenix area was usually the cheapest but hasn't been the case lately. Here is what I paid today in Winslow.View attachment 2182290

Heard Tucson area is even cheaper than this.

Yeah, Tucson is the cheapest in average that I have seen.

Somebody parked this 1st gen on the other side of my fence in September...
I don't need any more projects, but don't they know this is like putting candy out for someone who is a sugar addict?
001.JPG

I don't need any more projects, but don't they know this is like putting candy out for someone who is a sugar addict?
Perhaps a rusty East Coast specimen. That ADK sticker is telling ( NY state, Adirondack Mtns = rust belt).

Perhaps a rusty East Coast specimen. That ADK sticker is telling ( NY state, Adirondack Mtns = rust belt).
Good eye! I have been looking for and excuse not to hop the fence for a closer inspection. 👍

I don't need any more projects, but don't they know this is like putting candy out for someone who is a sugar addict?View attachment 2183697
Can’t tell from the pic but is that a solid front axle vintage? 1985???

Can’t tell from the pic but is that a solid front axle vintage? 1985???

No, look at the spoiler. The pre-independent lower valance did not have a lip. This one does. Not sure on actual year as I can't get a clean look at the dash...

I probably wouldn't be so ticked off at the ridiculousness of all of this if people didn't freak out over TP.

Yeah - TP is easily replaced if you have running water; heck, back in my camping days a nearby bush was sufficient (leaves work), with lakes and streams nearby for the occasional wash up. And before you complain, ever watch where elk do their business? A quick bath is nothing by comparison... well, until there are 10,000 people doing the same thing. Heck, places in Europe still use wash clothes instead of TP. And then we can ignore India where fingers are still in use.

That out of the way, the notion of manufacturers restarting supply lines for older cars would be great. I'd like to find an old 77 280z... then someone to design a decent suspension for it. Then again, maybe Nissan can start making the 2003 350z again: the 2003 was a good car, and had pretty good suspension to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom