CRUISER GARAGE Ash Tray Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are proud to announce a new product!

Interested in a mounting solution for either a Switch Pro panel, ScanGauge, or Carling switches? A clean and simple solution for all model year Land Cruiser's and 98-02 Lexus LX470's (03+ LX470's will require new panel). This mount replaces the ashtray in the lower center dash and provides a great, visible, and secure place to add more functionality to our vehicles. The easiest and best location to run wires to, with plenty of space behind the mount.

These are made from 16-gauge steel and powder coated for durability. Factory clean look with no drilling or cutting required, 100% reversible. There are two options to choose from: one to mount a perfectly angled Switch-Pros 8-button panel or ScanGauge II, and another for mounting 3 Carling V-Series switches of any style. A Carling 3 switch frame will be included with one of the mounts, so prices will vary between the two.

At the moment, we're producing a preliminary run of each to gauge interest and hear your feedback. If there is any interest in mounting other devices like an sPOD, CB/Ham radio, or anything else that might fit, please let us know.

They are available at 100-Series Ash Tray Mount — CRUISER GARAGE

Smoking is bad for you anyways, replace that ashtray with our mount and relieve your stress by smashing some switches.

Switch-Pros:
IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

Carling V-Series Switches:
IMG_5870.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

Last edited:
I'm curious about the USB connections and switches to the right if the scan gauge, etc. Does this just replace the ash tray or is it the whole panel

Ok correction - the above was a dumb question. I should have read the post in detail. I'm interested in the SCAN gauge option

Last edited:
I want one

I'm curious about the USB connections and switches to the right if the scan gauge, etc. Does this just replace the ash tray or is it the whole panel

Ok correction - the above was a dumb question. I should have read the post in detail. I'm interested in the SCAN gauge option

You can find those on Amazon, they replace one of the cigarette sockets.

@CruiserGarage great products! Sign me up for a scan gauge mount!

Man - I have been looking for a good way to mount the switchpro that is in my future for a while now. Still haven't come up with one.

I would definitely buy the switchpro version.

Unrelated question sorry, but what did you paint that console panel with? It looks great.

Last edited:
Great idea, would love a solution like this to mount a ham radio!

Anything in development for us 03+ LX folks?
There is a solution! In 03 Lexus changed the ashtray/cigarette lighter panel. The mounting tabs of the panel are the same as the 98+ LC and 98-02 LX's. All you would need to do is swap your panel for the older style one. The part number is: 55413-60160 (black). You can also find them used/eBay for cheaper and search for part numbers 55413-60070-E0 (grey) and 55413-60070-B0 (tan) as well. I believe the last two part numbers are discontinued.

Great idea!

I'd probably order one of the Carling or ham kits for our 2000.

A little disappointed on the no 2003+ LX though. I could use the Carling kit, ScanGauge, or ham in my 06 LX.

Unrelated observation, your picture seem to show both a "rear heat" button and a "rear AC" button, I don't think I've ever seen that before...

Great idea!

A little disappointed on the no 2003+ LX though. I could use the Carling kit, ScanGauge, or ham in my 06 LX.

Unrelated observation, your picture seem to show both a "rear heat" button and a "rear AC" button, I don't think I've ever seen that before...

On older land cruisers, the heater blower button is covered by a blank. Remove it and you'll find this.

On older land cruisers, the heater blower button is covered by a blank. Remove it and you'll find this.

On my kid's 2000, and the "spare panel" that I have, if I remove the "blank", there's just a hole, it looks like one would have to add the "rear heat" plastic button, to operate the physical switch, on the circuit board beneath.

My question really had more to do with "why have both"? Does the rear heat switch/circuit actually do anything, on a rear AC vehicle? I guess the other possibility would be that someone has tapped into the PCB and repurposed the "Rear Heat" or "Rear AC" (depending on which it was originally equipped with).

Great idea!

The mounts will work on your 06 LX, you would just need to replace the ash tray panel with the older style.

The "rear heat" switch doesn't do anything. I was tinkering with another project, added the switch cover and never removed it.

The mounts will work on your 06 LX, you would just need to replace the ash tray panel with the older style.

The "rear heat" switch doesn't do anything. I was tinkering with another project, added the switch cover and never removed it.

OK, I've ordered a 55413-60160 to see how this works...

Site isn't working, and that is the cleanest shifter plate I've seen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom