CRUISER GARAGE Ash Tray Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For a whole center console I'd say that's not bad. Especially when you compare it to other vehicles.
it's not the whole center console...it's literally just the plastic bezel with no outlets and no ashtray. Part should be $35 if you ask me. Some of these Toyota prices are higher than similar parts for BMW.

it's not the whole center console...it's literally just the plastic bezel with no outlets and no ashtray. Part should be $35 if you ask me. Some of these Toyota prices are higher than similar parts for BMW.
Oh no. The part I'm commenting about is the panel where the shifter goes, which includes the cup holders and lid. 150 isn't bad at all.

I think you're talking about the trim piece where this mount goes, and where the ashtray is. That's not 150, but around 50. Which i think is fair.

You don't have to permanently modify anything on the latter if you want to add this mount.

Oh no. The part I'm commenting about is the panel where the shifter goes, which includes the cup holders and lid. 150 isn't bad at all.

I think you're talking about the trim piece where this mount goes, and where the ashtray is. That's not 150, but around 50. Which i think is fair.

You don't have to permanently modify anything on the latter if you want to add this mount.
The ash tray bezel cost me $96 at dealer cost (my brother works at Lexus). It's over $100 regular price which I think is absurd. And if you do have a newer LX, your newer style ashtray (the one you're removing) does not have the two screws needed to install this switch bracket to the "older" style bezel. If you read the instructions, it says to retain two of the OEM screws found on the older bezels as they are needed to hold the switch bracket in place.

Very nice product and very easy install. I love product it does what it needs to do.
E382F974-468A-4D97-B7F5-D4C635AC22FD.jpeg
C1DCAECF-DB1D-4F6D-8AAE-A270C74F0431.jpeg
8C1BEF22-D2D1-427A-B4B2-28D729D8FDFD.jpeg

We took a drive out to Cruiser Garage, to pickup (1) ashtray mount, and (2) extinguisher mounts, to get our 99 LX ready for its summer road trip.

(It was a great excuse to get out of the house, we really enjoyed looking at your toys, and it was a pleasure to meet you in person!)

Last edited:
We took a drive out to Cruiser Garage, to pickup (1) ashtray mount, and (2) extinguisher mounts, to get our 99 LX ready for its summer road trip.

(It was a great excuse to get out of the house, we really enjoyed looking at your toys, and it was a pleasure to meet you in person!)

Thank you for swinging by. I had fun! You guys are awesome, and always more than welcome to come hang out.

Reactions: jLB
Guess I waited too long...Went to order Ash Tray Mount for my ScanGauge this morning and it says SOLD OUT. When is next run due to be available? Thanks, Stephen

Guess I waited too long...Went to order Ash Tray Mount for my ScanGauge this morning and it says SOLD OUT. When is next run due to be available? Thanks, Stephen
Noticed the same thing this morning. I wanted to order since I will have the dash apart running wires in a couple of weeks.

Noticed the same thing this morning. I wanted to order since I will have the dash apart running wires in a couple of weeks.

The Ash Tray Mounts are starting production beginning of next week and should be ready in a few weeks.

Based on the photos on your website, it looks like there's a different angle between the two mounts?
Why would I need to use the older panel (55413-60160) for a 03-07 LX?
Yes, there is a different angle between the two mounts. The Carling switch model is 90 degrees and the Switch Pro/Scangauge model is closer to a 45 degree angle.
The 03-07 LX has a different ashtray and ashtray surround, which unfortunately our mounts won’t fit and attach to.

So, have any of you actually installed the older ashtray bezel into a newer style LX?

I ask because I got a used one on eBay in preparation for the bracket...
and tried to swap it, but the top portion of he bezel won’t flip into the hole... very strange, because it totally looks like it would fit... but for some reason, the bottom fits in, but gets distorted when trying to press the top into the surrounding hole. Won’t snap in. My original, “newer” style bezel snaps back in perfectly.

Wondering if it’s actually backward compatible... or if I got some distorted bezel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom