Cruiser-Friendly Dallas Mechanics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find the sticky thread for this and I remembered it being pretty out of date the last time I checked.

I've got a 1989 FJ62 leaking lots of coolant, probably blew a hose on the water pump from the looks of it. I don't have the time right now to dig that far into the engine (especially sucks because I replaced the pump, hoses, and clamps less than four years ago).

Anyone know any Dallas-area mechanics that don't mind working on an old Cruiser? My usual guys are starting to roll their eyes when they see me walk in. Buddy in Richardson is currently booking appointments 3 months out, not that I could afford him. Looking for recommendations.

Hi, Jessie on Grissum Lane behind Toyota of Dallas. He's a master Toyota mechanic. Mike

X3 for Dajda's

Dadja

Jessie takes long to get things done. If you do not need it right away he is good. Know it will be long.

Kostanko's Mechanical Service in Denton if you need something a little more north. Mike has worked on my FJ55 and my BJ74. He's not a LC expert (though I'm doing my best to give him practice) so if there was something really tricky I'd probably seek out one of the other recommendations but for 95% of the jobs he's going to do great work and he's stands by the outcomes. The times he hasn't been able to help me he's told me upfront and usually we were able to work together to figure out what was wrong. He's also got a great turn-around time, even for big jobs.

Kostanko's Mechanical Service in Denton if you need something a little more north. Mike has worked on my FJ55 and my BJ74. He's not a LC expert (though I'm doing my best to give him practice) so if there was something really tricky I'd probably seek out one of the other recommendations but for 95% of the jobs he's going to do great work and he's stands by the outcomes. The times he hasn't been able to help me he's told me upfront and usually we were able to work together to figure out what was wrong. He's also got a great turn-around time, even for big jobs.

Just to be clear, Mike in your response is someone at Kostanko’s right? And not Mike Dadja who is a very good LC mechanic.

Yes, his name is Mike Kostanko, and not connected with Dadja.

(214) 240-9692
621 S Mayhill Rd #105, Denton, TX 76208

Just want to thank the folks who suggested Dadja’s. Those guys really know there way around a cruiser and it’s nice to know there’s nothing they can’t handle. Just picked mine up today from them for the second time. While I hate it when my cruiser breaks, I love checking out the sea of assorted cruisers in their shop and parking lot. Today they had an FJ43, which I’d never heard of. Basically an FJ40 with an extra foot of length. From Brazil I think he said. Always a fun trip to Dadja’s.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I'm curious if Mike Dajda works on 200 series Land Cruisers? I have a 2016 and was wondering if he is familiar with the KDSS system in order to modify my suspension.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I'm curious if Mike Dajda works on 200 series Land Cruisers? I have a 2016 and was wondering if he is familiar with the KDSS system in order to modify my suspension.
I was at his shop last week. He had a 200 up on the rack. I have no idea what he was doing to it though.

New to the forum but local DFW 100 owner and wanted to share on the local thread that I have been using Mike Goode at Goode's Offroad in Garland. Highly recommended, great guy and great work. He added a tough dog lift, and an addicted offroad bumper for me and did timing belt, rotors, etc as well. Overall he did good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom