Cruise Control Ecu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the dash near the steering column.

If you are having problems with the CC most of the time it is the actuator. Manually cycling the actuator has fixed it for people in the past.

I've already replaced the actuator and the brake fluid sensor, is there anything else that I can check and is there a way I can troubleshoot it.

There are about 20 pages of troubleshooting steps for the CC in the diagnostics sections of the FSM, have you tried that?

Our new LC had a non-functional CC and I was worried about the $ on that. I read this thread and cycled the actuator by hand a couple of times...fixed. Thanks a ton for the tips, even saved me a bit of cash as it was non-functional and that came up during the negotiations with the seller (dealer).

__
LCRob
'96 FZJ80

Good to hear you got it fixed, but I cannot take credit, I think it was that Dan came up with that originally.

Forgive me if the answer is too obvious, but exactly how do you manually cycle the actuator?

From this thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=5600

cruiserdan said:
Hehehehe, Am I bad, or what? :rolleyes:

Something is wrong with the actuator. Let's try to save you $1,527.38.

I think that there is some debris stuck in the contacts. Pop the plastic cover off of the top of the actuator and manually move the arm that attaches to the cable. Move it through the full sweep about 8 or 10 times and that should clean off the contacts. Pull the "Dome" fuse from the block behind the battery for about 30 seconds to clear the code and go for a test drive.

Give it a Whirl................ :banana: D-

There are a lot of other good troubleshooting tip in that thread if that does nto fix it.

Oh BTW you official Ih8mud Welcome :flipoff2:

Thanks for the tip and the welcome. I've got my eye on a '96 at a dealer but the CC doesn't work and that concerns me. I've never owned a TLC before but hope to be one of you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom