Crown King Route Closing or Closed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OffGridOverland

Overland Anywhere - Anytime
Threads
Website
www.offgridoverland.com
This was posted on Central Az 4x4's facebook page.

12065839_10153632892963326_3654411261283287774_n.jpg

12193400_10153632892958326_527784963365110260_n.jpg

Well this sucks!

Im thinking there is more to this story. I have been traveling that same road for 40 years and now there is a easement issue. Something does not add up.

EDIT saw this posted on another forum but nothing on any of Crown Kings facebook pages.

Last edited:
True

New owner in last year, wants to build a house.:rolleyes: In talking with the FS sounds like new owner wants a go around and closing his property off will push the issue. Everything still in the early stages but he does in fact have the right to close.

CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved

Approximate location of the POSSIBLE closure linked above, note Burro Johns . The last info the FS received the road in not closed. They did say they were out at the location this past Thursday and within 1/2- 1hour over 30 vehicle passed through....on a Thursday, crazy.
Road/trail off to the right is a single track and ruff per FS

He's likely holding crown king hostage and hoping for a payout?

He's likely holding crown king hostage and hoping for a payout?

How much do you think the shopkeepers up there have, maybe $10-20k? Not much of a hostage even if you get all the loot :slap:.

Maybe a FS land swap is the desired outcome. The rights of the property owner should be respected.

@medtro, I know where I need to put a coffee stand and convenience store!

I haven't heard much from this weekend.
But last weekend was reported the road was open. But..
The land owners have moved the road around a mine. And posed a 2 5mph speed limit in that area.

I've been sick this last week and a half and haven't been following much. But this was a update I just found.

It seems the bypass road is what the forest service is having an issue with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom