Creature Comforts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.southwestoverland.com
If you could add any creature comforts to your 80, what would they be?

I've added Bluetooth wireless when I upgraded my stereo and I'm working on a better center console with 4 cup holders.

What other things have you added or wished you could?

No, I'm pretty set on the center console. Just trying to gather ideas that will make the 80 feel a but younger than its 21yrs ;)

Rear AC maybe?
Dynomat to insulate the interior more?

Oh, I'm also thinking of heated seats from a 2010+ Subaru Impreza or Legacy

Heated seats for sure! I plan to get these when all major mechanicals are done. Also dont use DyoMat, use Peel and Seal from lowes. a lot cheaper and very effective.

USB ports for charging cell, Ipad, etc.

So now that my wife has her new Lexus IS I have been lusting over some of her creature comforts. Some of these would be nice but I would never install but others I'm adding to my list:

* heated and AC cooled seats
* leather that isn't split and worn
* blind spot monitor (love it)
* keyless entry. The fob stays in your pocket and uses RFID to unlock or lock by simply a touch of the door handle
* HID lights
* heated side mirrors
* home connect mirror
* backup camera
* LCD Dashboard

Heated seats and outside temperature reading. Both are possible, just not done yet.

What center console did u decide on? Care to share more details on that project??

I have a thread on the mock-up, but haven't posted the progress in a while. I'm waiting until the project is complete, then I'll be posting up. Search for "A better console option"

USB ports for charging cell, Ipad, etc.

Good idea. I have two of those currently for the front seats and have wired my iPhone cord through the dash so there's minimal wires dangling around. I plan to add more for the rear seats and cargo area.

Tacoma mirror with the temp gauge, garage door opener, and integrated backup camera monitor.

I like this idea! More details or a thread post to reference?

So now that my wife has her new Lexus IS I have been lusting over some of her creature comforts. Some of these would be nice but I would never install but others I'm adding to my list:

* heated and AC cooled seats
* leather that isn't split and worn
* blind spot monitor (love it)
* keyless entry. The fob stays in your pocket and uses RFID to unlock or lock by simply a touch of the door handle
* HID lights
* heated side mirrors
* home connect mirror
* backup camera
* LCD Dashboard

I'm down for these:

Heated side mirrors
HID lights
Keyless entry (RFID)

What is a blind spot mirror?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back