Creations from our LockDown (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well Fawk, I gotta figure out something for dinner.
Just got back from Costco, that walk kills my lower back and left knee.
So I am sitting down to watch the news with a 50/50 mix of V.O. and coke. It's medicinal so don't worry.
Just may be some frozen lasagna so I can have another mixed drink.

Just made some fresh semolina pasta to have with the leftover mushroom sauce from last night's pizza.

Slow BBQ'd some tri-tip for my son's bday Sunday. I made some fajitas with the leftovers.

20201027_095907.jpg

I keep forgetting to take a pic or two...but Venison, from an archery hunt I helped a good buddy with a couple months ago, smash burgers tonight. Topped with a wild mushroom sauté, roasted poblano slices, sliced garden tomatoes & garden arugula...oh yea baby!

Pizza night again here! 84-hour cold fermented Neapolitan style dough was the base. 550ºF kitchen oven with a 3/8" thick Baking Steel does a very respectable job especially considering true Neapolitan pies need 750F and north to be authentic.

First pie: Roasted fennel bulb & caramelized onions with wild Big Horn sheep "Italian sausage" seasoned (heavy on the fennel!), EVO "sauce", Fontina cheese, olives + a sprinkling of basil at the end.

Second pie: Marinara base, sautéed fresh spinach and garlic, roasted fennel, shaved mushrooms and a blend of good cheeses including Buffalo milk fresh mozzarella.

Third pie: EVO base, sliced Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced (almost "shaved") fresh lemon, prosciutto and then after the pie came out of the oven mix of fresh lemon juice dressed arugula was added and then drizzled with honey. Think you won't like it? Think again! 😂

1605584234689.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

Pizza night again here! 84-hour cold fermented Neapolitan style dough was the base. 550ºF kitchen oven with a 3/8" thick Baking Steel does a very respectable job especially considering true Neapolitan pies need 750F and north to be authentic.

First pie: Roasted fennel bulb & caramelized onions with wild Big Horn sheep "Italian sausage" seasoned (heavy on the fennel!), EVO "sauce", Fontina cheese, olives + a sprinkling of basil at the end.

Second pie: Marinara base, sautéed fresh spinach and garlic, roasted fennel, shaved mushrooms and a blend of good cheeses including Buffalo milk fresh mozzarella.

Third pie: EVO base, sliced Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced (almost "shaved") fresh lemon, prosciutto and then after the pie came out of the oven mix of fresh lemon juice dressed arugula was added and then drizzled with honey. Think you won't like it? Think again! 😂

View attachment 2497923
View attachment 2497924

View attachment 2497926
View attachment 2497927

View attachment 2497928
Nice work. Ive been making a couple a week while I have fresh basil, tomato etc from the garden. Just got a big dump of beefsteaks from the garden and it’s getting cooler so I’m going to dice some of those and some fresh serranos and makes some chili For this weekend.

^ That's super nice to come home to J!

Well, I was tired of all the cooking lately, and found out that my oldest son is firing up the pit barrel smoker today and
is gonna put on a whole chicken. Said he's got an idea for it.
So it will either be good, or we will order pizza.
But I ain't cook'in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom