Craigslist Search Utility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wrote a little search utility to make my life easier when I was searching for my 80, shopping for lenses, etc. on Craigslist. I posted this some time ago on the 80 tech page. I waited until I finally got the initiative to get a domain name and get it linked with my server to make the announcement here. And I added a third search field. Anyway, here is the link:

States

There is a writeup on the 80s tech page on how to use it here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/243020-craigslist-search.html

Basically, I got tired of searching "Denver" for "Land Cruiser" and then "Landcruiser" and then "LX450" and then going and doing the same miserable thing for "Boulder" and then "Ft Collins" and then, well you get the idea.

This app lets you say what you want to look for and dispatches the queries and writes them back in one response. You can limit it so you don't have to see 56 when there are only a couple new ones per day. It also condenses the output with smaller font and packs the links a little which I like.

It will also let you search other categories other than cars, just look at the pulldown.

If there are any errors like some city doesn't work or Craigs has added a city since I last updated, go ahead and PM me and I'll fix it. Craigs has also changed the category variables from time to time so I have to tweak it every 6 mos or so.

Paul

Well, bad news. Craigslist has blocked my IP.

If you care, write them a little email and let them know that you use and like it. Here is the email address they gave me on the block notification:

blocks-b13269356972069@craigslist.org

Otherwise, I'm going to dismantle the thing and give the computer to my kids.

I emailed 'em. Hopefully you can keep the search engine going. I use it all the time and would hate to lose it.

Your pm is full so

Hey if u dont mind sending me the code i coulld try to host it for a bit? I have several web sites on a host and depending on the framework needed I could do it

Let me know

Rob

My inbox is cleaned out. I will PM you.

I e-mailed them too. What a great tool!!! Thanks for all you've done...Bob

Well, bad news. Craigslist has blocked my IP.

If you care, write them a little email and let them know that you use and like it. Here is the email address they gave me on the block notification:

blocks-b13269356972069@craigslist.org

Otherwise, I'm going to dismantle the thing and give the computer to my kids.

Daggum it. Its probably the best thing ever. i use it almost everyday to search for various things. Maybe use a proxy to do an end run around the block? or have someone else host it. I might be willing to pay a small fee for the convenience.

Also, sent an email as well.

I use that utility almost daily. My friend that I sent it does too. We are both going thru withdrawls. I sent an email this morning before I even got over here to mud to see what was going on. This must be what crackheads go thru when their dealer goes to jail

I use that utility almost daily. My friend that I sent it does too. We are both going thru withdrawls. I sent an email this morning before I even got over here to mud to see what was going on. This must be what crackheads go thru when their dealer goes to jail
X2 lol! I didn't know how much I used it until I couldn't!!:crybaby:

I haven't heard from them but, hey, I'm not blocked anymore.

Power to the people. Or whatever. Seriously though, I don't think CL is evil and I'll betcha they looked into it, got some emails and pulled the block. Let's hope.

Thanks for the input though, Paul

I haven't heard from them but, hey, I'm not blocked anymore.

Power to the people. Or whatever. Seriously though, I don't think CL is evil and I'll betcha they looked into it, got some emails and pulled the block. Let's hope.

Thanks for the input though, Paul

:clap:

The niners lost but, the search tool works again. I guess thats what they call balance.

Hey guys, this tool is really nice and useful, but I would like to ask something.

My account or IP was blocked on the CL site,I just trying to post something in CL, and I received a message that say "you account is on hold", this it happens to other?

thanks

This thing just rocks! I am searching for an 80 and I kept forgetting what city I saw what in. I just came across this a couple days after joining site. If you need hosting for this ever just hit me up, I have netfirms account. Nice tool thanks

CRANKKASE

love this tool but its been running slow or not at all for a few days now (at least from the ATL GA area).

Thanks Paul!

I wrote a little search utility to make my life easier when I was searching for my 80, shopping for lenses, etc. on Craigslist. I posted this some time ago on the 80 tech page. I waited until I finally got the initiative to get a domain name and get it linked with my server to make the announcement here. And I added a third search field. Anyway, here is the link:

States

Paul

...like everyone else, I just wanted to say thanks for building this. I use it all the time. It is how I found my fzj80 last year out-of-state!

I sent them an email as well it seems all state wide search tools are now down. ipad tools still work for now but they only allow you to select five locations to search.

Well they blocked me too! I sent them an email, anything else I can do??? I use it almost daily myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom