Craigslist Search Utility (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wrote a little search utility to make my life easier when I was searching for my 80, shopping for lenses, etc. on Craigslist. I posted this some time ago on the 80 tech page. I waited until I finally got the initiative to get a domain name and get it linked with my server to make the announcement here. And I added a third search field. Anyway, here is the link:

States

There is a writeup on the 80s tech page on how to use it here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/243020-craigslist-search.html

Basically, I got tired of searching "Denver" for "Land Cruiser" and then "Landcruiser" and then "LX450" and then going and doing the same miserable thing for "Boulder" and then "Ft Collins" and then, well you get the idea.

This app lets you say what you want to look for and dispatches the queries and writes them back in one response. You can limit it so you don't have to see 56 when there are only a couple new ones per day. It also condenses the output with smaller font and packs the links a little which I like.

It will also let you search other categories other than cars, just look at the pulldown.

If there are any errors like some city doesn't work or Craigs has added a city since I last updated, go ahead and PM me and I'll fix it. Craigs has also changed the category variables from time to time so I have to tweak it every 6 mos or so.

Paul

This is super useful. Craigslist should make this tool for themselves.

I'm in the middle of looking for a stock '03 LC100 with less than or around 100k with 90k service complete in the mid atlantic. Trying to buy this summer but thought the search might take me that long. Thanks for the tool.

Having trouble using this today? Click on AL and after a while I get Virginia, Georgia=TN, sometimes nothing at all.

Holy Crap. This may be the greatest thing since sliced bread. This makes life so much easier. Thanks:D

thanks for this wonderful util! can you add onslow.craigslist.org to NC and also eastnc.craigslist.org?

Thanks!!

Paul, the utility is great. I've occupied hours of my life with it feeding the addiction. A couple of nebraska sites to add if you are still updating:

craigslist: north platte classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

craigslist: scottsbluff / panhandle classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

THanks again, great tool

There you go, Paul

AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Craigslist Search Utility
Select Cities to Search
OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Oh no, having troubles with this great utility. Doesn't seem to be working very well.

Doesn't work for Mississippi. Any help?

Oh no, having troubles with this great utility. Doesn't seem to be working very well.

You guys good? I haven't touched it in months (other than adding some cities to the database) and check Mississippi and New Mexico and they appear good.

Might have been my network for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom