Cracked Radiator Fan Blade? Replace it ASAP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw few tiny cracks on the fan blade. Never saw a decent sized crack to be concerned. Glad, I was at home when this happened. Cold weather might have played a role on this 21 year blade. Now, I need to replace 5.5 years old Denso radiator as well (damage near the bottom tank: to the left of the broken blade).

I already purchased OEM fan bracket and OEM throttle body, so this might be a good time to replace those two as well. Throttle body is simply remove and replace, correct?

DSCN0465[1].JPG

Saw few tiny cracks on the fan blade. Never saw a decent sized crack to be concerned. Glad, I was at home when this happened. Cold weather might have played a role on this 21 year blade. Now, I need to replace 5.5 years old Denso radiator as well (damage near the bottom tank: to the left of the broken blade).

I already purchased OEM fan bracket and OEM throttle body, so this might be a good time to replace those two as well. Throttle body is simply remove and replace, correct?

View attachment 2902138
Is the radiator leaking? That damage looks like it's just bent fins and not perforation.

Is the radiator leaking? That damage looks like it's just bent fins and not perforation.
UPDATE:
The blade that broke off showed no sign of initial crack. The cracks I reported in the 1st post are stil present and that did not caused the issue.

20220122_135917.jpg

DSCN0468[1].JPG

DSCN0469[1].JPG

DSCN0471[1].JPG

View attachment 2902138

That is an interesting-looking crack. How many miles?
I've seen some blades begin to crack at the clutch mounting points on the old Infiniti V8s after they were over 21 years old.

That is an interesting-looking crack. How many miles?
I've seen some blades begin to crack at the clutch mounting points on the old Infiniti V8s after they were over 21 years old.
240K miles.

I have a Chinesium Fan bracket. After seeing several reports of worn bearing in fan bracket, I often check any play at the fan bracket, but I never noticed any deformations on fan blade other than few tiny cracks towards the far end of another blade and a missing piece as shown in the 1st picture.

This incident was completely out of the blue!

** After seeing the damaged part of the radiator, it looks like the blade swang forward and hit the radiator then carved into the radiator core and snapped.

DSCN0472[1].JPG

Last edited:
240K miles.

I have a Chinesium Fan bracket. After seeing several reports of worn bearing in fan bracket, I often check any play at the fan bracket, but I never noticed any deformations on fan blade other than few tiny cracks towards the far end of another blade and a missing piece as shown in the 1st picture.

This incident was completely out of the blue!

** After seeing the damaged part of the radiator, it looks like the blade swang forward and hit the radiator then carved into the radiator core and snapped.

View attachment 2902954

Thank you for the pictures. I should check mine closely. I can hear mine taking hits during water/mud crossings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom