Could this work folks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, in the future i plan on buying a HJ75 UTE.Can i fit a 15B-FTE engine plus intercooler, Amazon 5 speed manual g'box and two/three locking diffs ?.Thinking of making it into a competition truck see.Don't really want any other Toyota engine either.

Nath.

It shouldnt be all that hard.By "Amazon" I presume you mean a H150 or H151 gearbox? It might be easier to modify the H55f that come with the HJ75.You certainly wont lose any strength with the H55f
3 locking diffs? Where will the 3rd diff go?

yes can fit and I think H55F better for what you need.

Make the 15B-T (or is it a 15B converted to 15B-T??) have 21psi boost and a few other mods to fuel pump and it will be a very quick Comp truck tonnes of torque.

Not sure where you are??????? If in OZ how do you compete against the V8's.

Legs would be the issue with about 145k being the max with the gearing and 35"s. I think max revs is 3,400 from 15B going by 13B/14B max.

These engines pull like a DOZER engine :)

Hi Cicak, i am actually in England UK.Think competition truck was the wrong word oops.What i want to do is find the mechanicals.Then basically toughen it up.I don't want it to be tuned up.
Now i know the 15B-FT engine fits in, i could go with that.However if a 1hd-fte fits with the 100 series 5 speed manual box etc i will go with that instead.Would that go into a HJ75 or has this not been done before ?.

Nath.

.However if a 1hd-fte fits with the 100 series 5 speed manual box etc i will go with that instead.Would that go into a HJ75 or has this not been done before ?.

Nath.

Yes but you need to weld new engine mount brackets onto the frame and then you have to cope with a mountain of electronics to get the 1HD FTE working.
Why dont you do add a turbo to the 2H or look around for a 12HT which is the el supremo of old school turbo engines and based on your 2H?

Aren't parts a struggle for the 12HT Rosco ?.Or am i wrong.

If you are in the UK you already own a vehicle that will have a scarce parts supply:D

However I would rather be chasing scarce parts than trying to sort out the electronics on a 1HD FTE.
For example,the accelerator pedal on a 1HD FTE does not have a cable,it is fly by wire. Im pretty sure the speedo and tacho is also plugged into a computer(and probably the temperature and oil pressure).
If you had the 1HD FTE from an aussie model 79 series it would be easier as you might be able to swap gauges and work through it.
Most people who attempt this swap use a 1HD FT fuel pump to avoid the electronics headache.
But these are not common,nor cheap and you also lose a little hp.

The(other) absolute best bang for the buck would be a 1HD T engine.They go well in a 75 series and you can get more HP out of them.
Probably a few of them for sale in rusted out UK 80 series.

My dad owns an 80 series with a rebuilt engine :D:D:D.He will notice how quiet it when he comes to start it up :grinpimp:.

Rosco, have you heard of the 2D engine ?.These were used in the DA110 & DA116 trucks.

6,500cc straight six diesel
130 bhp

Imagine bolting a low pressure turbo to that.

Nath.

Yes ,I drove one a round a paddock once. You like thinking outside the square ,dont you:D

Anything will work if you throw enough time and money at it! :lol:
The electronic engines are great, but dealing with the wiring and computer would be a hassle i think. The 15B-FT or the 1HD-FT would be my choices. :wrench:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom