Correct OEM Softtop fastener holes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bet they are. In looking at some lit of tubs with hard tops, it looks like the holes(or starts for them) are already on the tub

Vortec_Cruiser-

If you still need any more info I could take some pics and measurements of my '73 OEM Soft top tub.

Let me know.

Sniper

By the way I looked at your photo again. The spots that are marked are to low. The holes should be centerlined up and down in the vertical flange. If not the 1/4 turnbuckles won't sit flat and the fabric won't lay right.

Hope this helps.

I dug out my old 1970 factory manual, and see that these holes are NOT factory holes. They OEM mounting place appears to be on the 45* angled area below the vertical lip.

[quote author=Vortec_Cruiser link=board=1;threadid=8352;start=msg70799#msg70799 date=1070490346]
I dug out my old 1970 factory manual, and see that these holes are NOT factory holes. They OEM mounting place appears to be on the 45* angled area below the vertical lip.
[/quote]

your right, the holes in the scan are what I saw last night...........its' a whole new day now..........so I can't be expected to remember where the holes were :D

Let's make it even more interesting :D. Here is a couple of pics showing my hole locations on the tub. I don't know if it will show up or not, but these holes were actually punched. The metal at each hole location is actually squeezed a little bit. Just another little hint that may show each location. I checked my locations against what rick d found and they match right up.

I wonder when Toyota may have made a change in the locations from the angle area to the vertical area?

Sniper

Here is the second pic.

These holes are also present on my 1977 FJ40 hardtop model, but they are not the right location for OEM softtop fasteners. These are, however, the correct location for aftermarket softtops.

I have the original holes in the vertical lip like Sniper, however they did not line up with my Bestop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom