Corner Glass Weather Strip 71 FJ40 Hardtop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searches but found a lot of bad info. Like, "all the glass is the same just different weatherstrip." The glass for my top is the smaller one. There are clearly different sized glass. Bought WS about 5 years ago to install when I got to the point I am at now. And guess what? It's the WS for the larger glass. :mad:

I do remember when I pulled the glass it was a one-piece rubber with no lock strip. But definitely different from what I have. I need to be sure and get the correct WS this time.

I know the later rubber might work as people said it has, but then the rubber will sit proud of the hardtop side like the later models. Oh and I just looked, the hatch window rubber is the same stuff.

It's from City Racer. It's nice stuff, just not correct.

Corner Glass.jpg

Corner Glass 2.jpg

Last edited:
I purchase 50' of 2 piece weatherstripping from DK Supply.
Order Details
Two-Piece Self-Sealing Weatherstrip for 3/32" to 9/64" Panel or 3/16" to 1/4" Glass
13/32" Wide Locking Strip for Two-Piece Weatherstrips - 50'
$165.56

sales@dkhardware.com

I got the Trim-Lok 2 piece rubber because they sell it in 25 foot lengths.

Amazon product ASIN B00NL48HSE
Did you already install this? How was the install? Are you happy with the finished results? I'm in the process of purchasing all of the various rubber bits to replace worn out ones as we put my '73 back together after a full tear down and repaint.

Did you already install this? How was the install? Are you happy with the finished results? I'm in the process of purchasing all of the various rubber bits to replace worn out ones as we put my '73 back together after a full tear down and repaint.
Yes, fit is perfect. A little tough to install, but it's good. I put the joints on the rear vertical of the corner glass, as it is straight.
Make sure you have the smaller glass that sits recessed in the frame. Later tops had larger glass and different seals.

FJRear SM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom