copper head gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in my experience is great to be able to reuse the copper head gasket but its a mission to get them to seal, of course I did oring the head which seals the combustion chamber mint but getting that water to stay in there, dam what a hassle,
ended going back to a multi layer cometic and kept the stainless steel orings on the head, this was on a small 2 liter turbo charged motor pushing around 40psi, the orings helped seal the combustion when the head would lift under boost
the stainless oring is just 3mm" aero wire tie and protrudes around 0.25mm to compress the head gasket

na factory multilayer steel , its on a FJ20 nissan motor (really popular in Oz) I would never go down the copper head gasket route again, after all the hassle a good quality MLS head gasket works a treat, only started leaking at 32psi thats the only reason for the SS orings

ive used copper head gaskets in the past, they are nice, but really if your not tearing down your engine frequently the factory head gasket is the best option, hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom