Coolant leak help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a 94 land cruiser and I’m currently baselining everything, please see some photos of the leak I currently have I can’t seem to find the parts needed or what is causing it

Can anyone possibly provide part numbers or what need to be changed

8E936F5C-36C6-4F0E-A88A-D7132F6F00F7.jpeg

D24E3C0F-FABE-4C77-B4A3-88713D113F30.jpeg

EED31792-A6E2-4CD9-816E-624EC5DC99AA.jpeg

Partsouq will show you diagrams and part numbers, there pricing is great but shipping can be a pain. They will at least show you the correct parts. Have your vin number available when you search it makes sure there is no confusion which model you are searching. The part that’s leaking appears to be the two o-rings that go inside the thermostat extension tube. Easy change out buy a new thermostat while you do this and recommend doing a coolant flush if the truck has not had one in a while. Part #16268f in the diagram you need two of them. The extension sleeve can be a pain to take out some people just buy a new one with the o-rings. I removed mine with some pliers and a firm hand and replaced o rings no problem. If you have lots of corrosion maybe replace.

7A18B881-8CB5-4CC2-B9C0-0FD839FECAC6.png

277D271E-1559-41FB-8DE3-210A9FFA52A1.png

Sorry just zoomed in on photo it appears the other pipe is leaking. Give me second.

Pretty common leak. Had it on my '94 as well. On that bypass pipe, the bottom side nipple and 2 or orings are leaking. Grab a new oring for the top of the bypass pipe and get a new nipple pipe with both orings.

Last edited:
In your picture it looks like fresh coolant around the flange, that gasket would be the fix. Or replace that and the o/rings with new Toyota thermostat and your for sure fixing the leak.

That’s a ridgid aluminum piece no need to waste money. Just replace what’s necessary.

Are you sure it's leaking, not just a left over puddle from changing the thermostat? The coolant looks quite rusty.
Looks like the bypass hose adjacent to thermostat could possibly use replacing, or maybe just new clamps as they're getting rusty.

No need to change the bypass pipe. It's the nipple pipe and all 3 orings that do the sealing. You'll probably find that the nipple pipe has corroded a bit and is no longer sealing with the orings in place. Don't forget to have some extra coolant on hand.

I found some old pictures of when I had the same leak way back in 2012. You can see the condition of the nipple pipe. 3 new orings and a new nipple pipe fixed it.

IMG_20120223_112705.jpg

IMG_20120220_140622.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom