Coolant dropping in Reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plug inspection is the best way aside from a wideband. Best to learn how to read plugs as a wideband won't tell you anything aside from air fuel mixture. Compression test is the easiest method to analyze engine health. Wet/dry test along with plug reading will show you how its oerating. Aside from that, clean all coolant hoses well and drive the truck. If there are dried up marks or wet spots, you'll know its leaking post-cleaning. Make sure to run heat at high through front and rear to make sure everything is circulating as there can be weaknesses there as well.

On a side note. When removing the Radiator, is there enough room for the Shroud to stay attached? I have only had the radiator out when the fan was removed.

On a side note. When removing the Radiator, is there enough room for the Shroud to stay attached? I have only had the radiator out when the fan was removed.

i do not believe there was enough room to leave the shroud on. I just did a radiator a few weeks ago on mine and I removed the few bolts that attach the shroud to the radiator.

i do not believe there was enough room to leave the shroud on. I just did a radiator a few weeks ago on mine and I removed the few bolts that attach the shroud to the radiator.
Then did you just hang the shroud on the fan? Then just remove them separately?

Then did you just hang the shroud on the fan? Then just remove them separately?

you got it. Once you start removing bolts it all goes quick. I did not split the fan shroud while I had it out, but other on mud have done so. I believe there are many threads on it.

you got it. Once you start removing bolts it all goes quick. I did not split the fan shroud while I had it out, but other on mud have done so. I believe there are many threads on it.
Yeah im not sure I’m in to the shroud splitting

Been reading up on some CSF posts and a lot of folks are talking about the necks behind delivered bent. My radiator now that I am replacing the neck is slightly bent below horizontal. I can’t figure out if it’s a stock radiator or not. I guess my question is, is there supposed to be a bent at all downward for hood clearance or is it supposed to sit level?

Normal/ Not normal?

403989AC-DA11-42EE-98B3-4140DFA50DE5.jpeg

Curious.. Is your coolant reservoir on the front driver side? Your hose looks like it's going to the windshield washer.

Curious.. Is your coolant reservoir on the front driver side? Your hose looks like it's going to the windshield washer.
Dual battery kit with the mount on the battery mount from stainless battery tray

I just got my new CSF 2708 installed. I bought 2 caps and neither fit....one on the Rockauto site, the other oem Toyota. My original cap with cracked gaskets is a 16psi mini and the new radiator has the same one. So what is the correct cap I need to get? Yours looks oem.
Also a bigger question is the two threaded holes in the bottom engine side of the new radiator. I know they are for a trans cooler on a 62 but what do i do with them on my 60? Why do i feel like coolant will come pouring out when i go to fill the new radiator?
Thanks

I just got my new CSF 2708 installed. I bought 2 caps and neither fit....one on the Rockauto site, the other oem Toyota. My original cap with cracked gaskets is a 16psi mini and the new radiator has the same one. So what is the correct cap I need to get? Yours looks oem.
Also a bigger question is the two threaded holes in the bottom engine side of the new radiator. I know they are for a trans cooler on a 62 but what do i do with them on my 60? Why do i feel like coolant will come pouring out when i go to fill the new radiator?
Thanks
My cap is OEM. My new radiator came with one of the cap tabs a little bent.
Nothing with the holes at the bottom.
I felt the same way it’s doesn’t come out

Thanks
CSF requires a different cap. I'll find the PN. That was from 9/1/16, it'll prob be a bit more $$.

5E50C33F-316F-4987-A720-C9157C0455B6.jpeg

Last edited:
THANK YOU. Is your cap the mini? Do you have a part number handy? Big difference in size. I might have bought the wrong Toyota cap? Thanks again
2020-10-12 17.39.31.jpg
2020-10-12 17.39.39.jpg

My cap is OEM. My new radiator came with one of the cap tabs a little bent.
Nothing with the holes at the bottom.
I felt the same way it’s doesn’t come out
The hole farthest to the lower driver corner would be for a 62. Not fluid will leak out. If you haven't installed it, now would be a great time to add a draincock. I did with mine and it make emptying so much less messy. I can try to find the part list I used... lmk. I'll add a photo soon.

@NeverGiveUpYota YOU ARE THE BOMB! Thank you so much. Radiator is in but i might still be able to add that draincock...? Boy do those plastic plugs make a HUGE mess. Gonna see how fast my local dealer can get me one of those caps. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom