Cook Partner / Partner Steel NEW STYLE Stove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you.

Hey Dan... Happen to have the part # for the nut inserts you ordered? I was looking a the Rivet nuts they have and getting a little lost.... Thanks!

Jonathan: 98560A581

If you are using SS feet be sure to stick with zinc plated steel threaded inserts, rather than SS threaded inserts, to prevent galling.

Thanks Dan! Headed out right now to give the new stove a weekend workout! I cant wait! I'll get these ordered up next week.

I've had to a chance to use my 22" Cook Partner a couple times now and thought I'd add my thoughts...

Build quality is excellent and the ease of removing the burners and grate in one step is brilliant. Very easy to clean and you don't have to worry about clogging the burners.

I was in between buying the 22" or the 2 burner folding 9" stove with break away hinge. The break away hinge would allow it to be used with larger pans as well. The reason I decided on the 22" was the windscreen. However, a part of me still wishes I picked up the double 9". Why? The 22" is heavy (18lbs) vs 8 lbs. Not so heavy by itself but when added to a chuck box that is already heavy, it adds up. The 22" actually takes up almost 50% more room than the dual 9's when comparing volume.

Performance: The burners do seem to put out more than other 10K burners I've tried and I'd say they are adequate. However, I'd like to see slightly larger burners as the reason for getting the 22" was for use with larger pans/pots.

Heat control is okay. It is a bit difficult to fine tune simmer... especially when it is sunny out and you can't see the flame. Once you adjust the knob too low, flame goes out and you have to relight it. I prefer the controls on my Camp Chef with the 30k burners. The last position on the dial is warm/simmer and the dial will not go any further.

Lastly, I thought I'd go without the need for any carrying case as the stove doesn't really need any protection. However, on my last trip, I forgot the part about aluminum and aluminum oxide. Stove left some pretty good black marks on my beige seats (the back side). I gave it a wipe with some cleanser but didn't work. Not a big deal but others might care.

Last edited:
Agree on all points hoser! I find it strange, given Partner Steel is of/from the rafting world where cooking for larger groups is de rigueur, their burners aren't larger diameter for better heating of larger diameter pans.

And a built in piezo igniter would be...nice.

Also: The wind shield arms/struts are worthless in a real wind. But I fixed that too.
Partner Stove wing strut.jpg

Jonathan: 98560A581

If you are using SS feet be sure to stick with zinc plated steel threaded inserts, rather than SS threaded inserts, to prevent galling.

I've checked the MMC site for this piece, and it is listed as Cadmium-Plated Steel for the Part# 98560A581.

1) Are these the rivet nuts you would suggest with the above feet listed? Also was it difficult to install?
2) Above you mentioned they aren't threaded all the way thru. What would I need to get it fully threaded?

Many thanks,
Guyzie

I just sold my trusty Primus stove to get a thinner PS Stove. Do you guys know if all the grates have the closer spacing now?

Can you fit a standard Lodge 10.25" Cast Iron Stove on the 18" stove? What is this about 9" being the max pan size?

81YcEkkb4HL._SX522_.jpg

Other than build quality (I have seen/handled one in person), what makes the Partner stove so desirable when compared to other options; garage sale never used Coleman for 10 bucks? older Coleman 4-- series for free to 50 bucks, other compact camp stoves?
There also seems to be a pretty blatant Camp Chef copy but in Aluminum. Which is not much cheaper.
Just curious.

Biggest bang for the buck are garage sale Coleman stoves. OTOH if you are into propane stoves the Partner Stoves are available in many different burner combination/configurations with/without wind screens, stands, griddles, etc., etc. and they're made in the USA likely by the same guy you speak to if you call them.

Burner knobs are recessed which makes them 100% protected while banging around the back of your truck, LandCruiser, canoe or river raft. Heavy duty aluminum case construction along with solid rod stainless grid for pot/pan support.

Is a Partner Stove going to make you a better cook? Probably not. I've had quite a few different PS stoves over the years...and have had a 22" dual burner since it was introduced. Having said that I don't use it as often as I used too and find using my little single butane burner simpler and quicker for set-up/take-down and more than capable of cooking for me or +1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom