Cook Partner / Partner Steel NEW STYLE Stove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been doing some quick research about which overland stove to purchase and ALL leads lead to Partner Steel: http://www.partnersteel.com/?index

The only gripes with the product have been:
  • Price - but all agree you get what you pay for
  • 'Slat' spacing being too wide, small objects can fall through (mugs etc)[This 'may have been updated?]
So I called Partner Steel and spoke to a rep (can't recall name) asking for more information about the 2 vs 3 burners (with screens).

2 Burner with screen: 12 x 18 inches
2B16_18WSL1.jpg

3 Burner (without screen): 16 x 26 inches
3B26L1.jpg

Both stoves have the same output ber burner but are limited to 9 & 1/2 inch pots/pans. I was worried the 3 was too big, and the 2 perhaps too small - which is when he told me of a new model out, that is not on their website

New Model: 12 x 22 inches 2 Burner

So essentially the regular 2 burner with a space inbetween to allow larger pots/pans. Brilliant. I ordered one of these and mentioned the 'gap' concern to him - they are going to weld on more 'slats' for free.

One happy customer :)

Ash

Other threads on Cook Partner Stoves:
Is Cook Partner the best? Money vs. Quality - Expedition Portal Forum
Partner Steel "Cook Partner" Expedition Stove Review. (I love his set-up!)

Ash-

That is super to hear! I was so close to purchasing the 2 burner, but it was so much smaller then my coleman grill combo so I jsut couldn't see cooking the things I cook on it....But, now that they have a larger size it seems doable.

Please post up some pics of yours when it comes in!

Thanks for the info!

I just read about the new stove the other day on Expo.

Just checked, it was you :D

If I upgrade in the future (just picked up a Camp Chef Denali a few months back) I will look into that model.

My new stove arrived very promptly and I have just gotten around to taking a few photos. As everyone knows, the Cook Partner stoves are extremely well put together and basic so I wont comment on that, but here are a few photos showing the new model I bought (as outlined above).

Cook Partner 2 burner 22" x 12" with screen:
DSC_0423.jpg

Extra slats in the grill to ensure smaller items remain balanced (I asked for these - not standard AFAIK) with a Le Creuset for scale. The extra width of this unit really really makes a difference. I highly recommend it over the standard 18" model.
DSC_0426.jpg

The beginnings of my kitchen set-up - CP Stove, Ragasco LPG bottle, Contico Storage Box
DSC_0425.jpg

CP stove (buried) Lodge skillet, dutch oven etc etc inside Contico - my complete field kitchen box (Great value at $35!).
DSC_0434-1.jpg

Ash

Last edited:
You will really notice a difference in how your stoce operates at altitude, compared to a Coleman, they are superior. I have had mine for 3 years and never an issue.

10,000 BTU each burner as far as I am aware.

Ash

But either CP is being honest about their burner rating or every other stove/burner mfg is lying...which I suspect to be the case. In any event the CP burners put out, relative to their small physical size, some serious BTU's for cooking!

Nice, I like the compact size and the recessed burner knobs.

But either CP is being honest about their burner rating or every other stove/burner mfg is lying...which I suspect to be the case. In any event the CP burners put out, relative to their small physical size, some serious BTU's for cooking!

Nice, I like the compact size and the recessed burner knobs.

We camped with is this weekend and it is very hot. A huge bonus was quite good temperature control, which most stoves struggle with. We were cooking with cast iron which also helps, but we were able to simmer food quite easily.

The recessed knobs are excellent, the whole unit is very very well put together. My only grip - I would prefer the knobs to 'click' when they are in the off position. It was harder to get a minimum output during the day when you can't tell if the burners are still lit. I had to relight them a few times after taking it too far and turning them completely off.

Overall, very happy with this unit. Highly recommended.

Ash

I just ordered my Partner 22" which now a standard model (just not on the website yet) The extra slats are now standard issue, nice work Ash.

I posted this on EP sorry if some of you have seen it. But I have found, for more than boiling water, this mod to be very useful on all my stoves including the Partner.

Adjustable leveler feet at each corner; all from MMC.

And I looked high and low and behold Cabelas has a nicely padded soft case complete with heavy duty fabric and zippers...and available in two sizes (sorry I can't find my note where I wrote down the dimensions after calling their customer service...) And they happen to be on sale too!

Just in case you want one too: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cast-...h-All+Products

I bought the 3-burner model for my dual burner 22" Cook Partner...and it fits with room to spare.
Partner Stove Adj Feet.jpg

whats MMC? Whats the link? I just got the 22" model as well that came with my Kanz kitchen, would like to add these feet possibly as well.

thanks
R

Last edited:
Yep...McMaster-Carr.

5/16" flush style steel nut-serts and threaded adjusters. The SS adjuster I used is part #91746A428 FWIW. They aren't threaded all the way to the base but a little die work took care of that so they fit flush in storage/transit mode ;)

Got my 22" Cook Partner today.. what a beautiful bit of kit.
It's pretty in the pics, even better in real life.

How expensive are these? I can't find pricing on the website.

The new 22" double burner with extra slats and wind screen shown in post #4 is $275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom