Control arm/panhard rod bolts swapped/directions flipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if it matters if the bolt directions are swapped, ie, in the diagram below, if the bolt was installed from outside towards the inside of the car or the other way around from inside outwards? Also if the panhard rod end bolts are installed in reverse locations?

(Everything torqued to spec, just OEM directions may be reversed)

suspensionBolts.PNG

The chassis end is probably no problem.

The housing end, you'll only get bolts in one way, at least for a couple of them because of clearance to the housing

I think you'll find the same with panhard bolts, they'll possibly only go in one way.

The chassis end is probably no problem.

The housing end, you'll only get bolts in one way, at least for a couple of them because of clearance to the housing

I think you'll find the same with panhard bolts, they'll possibly only go in one way.

...especially the axle side, which has a nut welded inside the bracket. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I flipped a few around because I had trouble getting them back on the way they came off due to clearance. I believe I may have mixed the rear panhad bolts as well but at the end of the day everything torqued down to the specified values so I'm assumimg it's going to be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom