Considering putting Herculiner on my Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i used it on the whole inside of my troop carrier, i carry lots of tools and odd things. and its still in great shape, no chips, just make sure the surface is sanded, and wiped with mineral spirits. and u will get a satisfactory job.

I just did my rockers yestrday. Looks really nice. It was easy enought to get a good application using a small roller and doing two coats like they recommend. watch out though, It's freakin messy and gets on everything, even with rubber gloves, I still got some on my hands and my jeans and my driveway.....:mad:

I am thinking once i have my truck back together I will do the wheel wells.

I just did my rockers yestrday. Looks really nice. It was easy enought to get a good application using a small roller and doing two coats like they recommend. watch out though, It's freakin messy and gets on everything, even with rubber gloves, I still got some on my hands and my jeans and my driveway.....:mad:

I am thinking once i have my truck back together I will do the wheel wells.
How much doers these kits cost if you do not mind me asking?

They sell a kit at Pep Boys that is $100 enough to do two coats on a truck bed.
Its a Gallon of the stuff, pluss rollers and some other stuff. They also sell the stuff only in a Qt size for $30.00. I went with that and went to Home Depot and got two of the Mini Rollers that come with their own little paint tray.

They sell a kit at Pep Boys that is $100 enough to do two coats on a truck bed.
Its a Gallon of the stuff, pluss rollers and some other stuff. They also sell the stuff only in a Qt size for $30.00. I went with that and went to Home Depot and got two of the Mini Rollers that come with their own little paint tray.
Cool...thanks:D

Just the bottom half.... what do folks think?

Maybe someone has a picture of their rig?

Pighead knows a little bit about this... I think Cubedweller did the rockers on his 4Runner...

attachment.php

Dang! That is one sweet-looking rig there...
You can often find the Herculiner on sale, maybe 70 bucks for the gallon/rollers/brush pack.
But remember, if you have to take a leak while painting, Don't be a jeeper and get it on your johnson.

Pighead knows a little bit about this... I think Cubedweller did the rockers on his 4Runner...

attachment.php

I got my herculiner from autozone for $89. It's not that great of a product. After a couple months in the sun, it had lost the shine and started to fade to dark grey, and also started to shrink around corners and edges, exposing the primer underneath. Not a good alternative to spray on bed liners.

I got my herculiner from autozone for $89. It's not that great of a product. After a couple months in the sun, it had lost the shine and started to fade to dark grey, and also started to shrink around corners and edges, exposing the primer underneath. Not a good alternative to spray on bed liners.
thank you....thats what i needed to know

Mine's DIY spray on, but was a lot more work compared to the roll on-able Herc, Hippo, etc.
Rattleguard Spray-On Bedliner, Auto, Boat, Industrial Use

It turns out I was quite a bit overly anal on surface prep, as the exremely high dry film thickness (up past 1/4" thick or so) allowed for great camoflage.

It hasn't faded in 1yr of AZ sun (stored in the driveway) handles moderate rock rash, and laughs at trail vegitation.

Here's a recent pic, 88.
DSC00466.jpg

heres another pic for you green 80 w/ bottom half black...................ppg srpay on product i believe. the pig is a spray on w/ smooth finish and zero prep:hillbilly: but remember prep is the key!! lots and lots of prep. IF robert left primer that may be why the herculiner failed.
The green rig is concretejungle's , hes got a thread in faq on the durabak and then a more recent thread in 80s on the sides.

I used the raptor liner before and it was pretty nice, plus you can choose finish and UV resistant or not.
eBay Motors: Raptor SPRAY IN BLACK TRUCK BED LINER Urethane 2K Kit (item 220226742562 end time Apr-28-08 11:19:06 PDT)
it was enough for a taco bed, a set of wheels, and a toolbox and random small stuff.
LURP 084 (Medium).jpg
laborday 001 (Medium).jpg
ure10.6.7 001 (Medium).jpg

but why stop w/ half ;)
Cullawhee 2-23 025 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom