Considering Buying a 100 Over Diesel 80! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mud members I need your help!

I recently sold my triple locked 80 in the idea of owning a diesel HDT triple locked 80 but I came across this beautiful rig locally. I know the owner is a mud member so maybe he’ll chime in but now I am seriously considering getting this instead of the diesel...

Story with the diesel, it has a fully rebuilt engine (at around 270k) and drive train from a reputable diesel mechanic here locally but it needs some love. Both rockers, window motors, surface rust and bubbles around weather stripping, clear coat peeling... not the prettiest rig cosmetically. It’s listed for 18k but the owner is willing to sell for 16 with all the gear but it’ll need at least 2k of work out in at least for the rockers. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

Now I went and checked out a 2001 LX470 with CDL and 258k km. The owner did a lot of mods to it that makes it a solid rig that’s ready to be driven and enjoyed. It has typical Canadian under body surface rust and some bubbles around but in good shape overall. He has it listed for 20k CAD... how much are 100 series worth? (Never paid attention to 100 series until now)

I know the ups and downs of owning a diesel in North America and some say 80’s far superior off road than 100’s but my main use for the rig is medium trails and mostly expedition and touring.. not too big into hard core off road.

Let me know if you what your thoughts are and what I need to look for in 100 series... the owner is an enthusiast so no doubt it’s in good shape. I’ll link the ad for the 100 and the 80.

Thanks for your help...

Darn I just saw this! We happen to be in the same town.
I got a really good deal on my 100 last year from a family who had owned it for almost it's whole life and had no idea what they had. They thought it was just an old Lexus and sold it to me for $8000 Canadian. But yeah, even in ok shape around here they usually go for about twice that. Did you end up getting either of them?

Darn I just saw this! We happen to be in the same town.
I got a really good deal on my 100 last year from a family who had owned it for almost it's whole life and had no idea what they had. They thought it was just an old Lexus and sold it to me for $8000 Canadian. But yeah, even in ok shape around here they usually go for about twice that. Did you end up getting either of them?
I ended up following my heart and went with a diesel! The 100 was really tempting but always wanted a diesel 80 and it was a good deal. Where abouts in Calgary you in? I would love to start getting to know the LC community here and going on some trips!

I ended up following my heart and went with a diesel! The 100 was really tempting but always wanted a diesel 80 and it was a good deal. Where abouts in Calgary you in? I would love to start getting to know the LC community here and going on some trips!
I'm up in Harvest Hills buddy, anytime you wanna go find a trail let me know! Never seen a Diesel 80 in real life lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom